Against all odds... One Year Sober!

Usually I seem to have a lot to waffle on about, but now I’m kinda struggling to find the words. Not every milestone needs some poignant thoughs to go with it.

So… Fuck yeah! I fucking did it! One fucking year! Yay!

After more than a decade of insanity and a rollercoaster of a life that would probably sell as a memoir… I’m here. Sober. Stable. Growing as a human person and getting closer to the version of myself I always wanted to be.

It hasn’t been easy. Temptation to fall back into old habits hit me many times. And in many ways, it’s been a tough year. But nothing worth the while is ever smooth sailing.

This community has been a crucial part of my journey. So thank you guys for being here and for fighting the good fight each and every day. I love you guys. :heart::heart::heart:

49 Likes

@Amy30 my fellow rockstar!! Ive a lump in my throat reading this!! Sooooo happy for you, you are amazing, well done. Much love from me :heart: :people_hugging: FUCK YEAH!!!

5 Likes

That feels good isn’t it? :wink:
Did you do ore buy something to celebrate? I know I did! I bought myself the coolest back tattoo I could find. Still happy with it!
Congratulations with every well earned sober sec, min, hour, day, week, month…year!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

7 Likes

Hell, you did it!!! Congratulations, Amy! Hope you get to celebrate with some icecream or gingerale or whatever makes you heart hopp a little. And thank you so much for being part of this community as well :tada: :clap: :clap: :pray: :birthday:

6 Likes

@Starlight14 Thanks Kelly, I got chocked up reading your reply. Are rockstars supposed to cry? :joy_cat::heart:

@SoberWalker thank you! It feels like a huge achievement. I haven’t bought anything yet, but was thinking of going in to get a new tattoo next week to cover up the last of my sh scars. It would be cool to spend a summer wearing short sleeves without feeling self-conscious and worried about strangers thinking I’m crazy. :heart:

@Pandita thank you! It feels amazing being here and yeah! I’ve been saving a hot chocolate capsule since Xmas to celebrate. And my husband is making steak for dinner. :heart:

10 Likes

Its ok we can just say its because of all the headbanging😁

5 Likes

Woo hoo!!

Very proud of you Amy. You did this hard thing and you are gonna smash all the next hard things! :heart::v:

6 Likes

I know that feeling a bit. Had a messed up tattoo at my upper arm that I hide for almost 2 years. During that time they lasered it that made it look even worse :smiling_face: But it needed to fade before I could set new ink on it.
Last week I covered it up with new ink so looking forward to the summer and wearing t shirts again! So I would go for that ink if I where you!! :facepunch:

6 Likes

You do whatever you want to do today because you deserve it Amy! (I’m sure there’s no stupid addictive behaviour you’d want to do). It’s an honour and a privilege to share part of your Road. Truly. You’ve come so far. On we go friend. Celebrate today for it is so well earned. Big hugs and much love your way :people_hugging: :heart: :tada: :partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face: :tada: :heart: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Congratulations Amy !! Absolutely awesome and an inspiration.
And thank you for being such a genuine, compassionate and helpful member of the forum.
I’m so glad to be on this journey with you :heart:
Enjoy your special day X

7 Likes

Yeeeeaaaahhhh. Congratulations !!! :partying_face::star_struck:

6 Likes

Congratulations on the year woop woop what an achievement and inspiration keep going :clap: :muscle:ADAAT

6 Likes

Congratulations! You can really be proud. One year is tough. First time birthdays sober, christmas sober etc… Keep going and the years will build up! So happy for you

6 Likes

Happy soberversary Amy!!! I’m so happy and proud of you :woman_fairy::yellow_heart::four_leaf_clover::tada::confetti_ball::musical_note:

5 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli thank you! You’re doing so well in your recovery, I always look forward to your posts.

@SoberWalker one of my friends lasered an old tattoo and after a few sessions it just looked awful. Sometimes a decent cover-up is needed. Will definitely get some ink. I’m super happy with the one I impulsively got on my birthday and it’s improved my self confidence tenfold. Covering the last of the scars will feel like a true fresh start. Not changing the past, just building something better on top of it.

@Mno Thank you Menno! This is getting me all emotional again. It’s a privilege knowing you and being a small part of your journey. You are such an inspiration to me.

@Louloubelle thank you, Louise. It means a lot. You are also doing so well in your recovery and I’m grateful you’re a part of this community.

@Kadiatou thank you so much!

@Acehope thank you so much!

Seriously all, thank you for being here and for being such a huge part of why I’m sober today.

7 Likes

Fuck yeah! You fucking did it!
What I love most about this forum is watching people like you flourish in sobriety.
Congratulations on that hard earned year!
:partying_face: :tada:

5 Likes

Thanks Lisa! You were among the (un)lucky few who got to read about all the excitement over the years. It’s quite the miracle I’m coming out on the other side. :joy_cat:

5 Likes

Amazing! Congrats on 1 year!!

3 Likes

I am so happy for and proud of you. We talked a few times in seeking help when it was late for you but daytime for me, and you are just light-years away from where you were then. You really are a great example of keep fighting and eventually it will stick. I hope you will continue to share your hope, strength and wisdom on here.

4 Likes

True that. :grin:. Congratulations Amy on a full year SAF, very happy for you. Keep on trucking lady. :love_you_gesture::fire:

3 Likes