Alcohic neuropathy

So, I am more than 18 months sober. This is my third attempt at living without alcohol. I have been in good health. So I often wondered when my 25 plus years of drinking, at least 10 of those years daily. Wondered when I was going to see the bad affects of this prolonged drinking. I believe it is beginning. Possibly already begun.
I am starting to feel pain when touching my skin. No bruising, no rash, just pain when my cold hands touch my leg.
I just wanted to bring up that I never cared before on the repercussions of my drinking. As many alcoholics don’t.
Read up on this. (Alcoholic neuropathy) It might give you a new found reason to stop drinking or for the continuation of your sobriety.
Thank you for your time!

4 Likes

I’m 12 days sober and experiencing symptoms of neuropathy; however, I am not officially diagnosed. I have tingling in my feet as well as vibrating sensation in my feet. The tingling gets worse the more I walk and move around. I do have mild pain in my feet from time to time but it’s nowhere near debilitating, thankfully. I also read that neuropathy can be caused by gut issues, which I have had for the past couple years. Makes sense…alcohol destroys the gut.

2 Likes

:pray::pray: congratulations to getting sober and hopefully the neuropathy is temporary :hugs::hugs: hugs :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Good job! That sounds worse than me. Sorry to hear. Idk if this may have changed my drinking knowing this could happen. I know it helps me to not drink now I’m sober!

3 Likes

At first I made excuses…it’s probably from my lower back pain, etc. It started getting worse and then I just decided to stop. I’m thankful for these symptoms, but I’m praying it’s not permanent.

2 Likes