Alcohol abuse

i want to be drunk so bad… I might ask my mom for some shots. :pensive:

2 Likes

and why would you do that?

3 Likes

To be honest, when you quit drinking, you will want to drink, sometimes all the time. That’s why it’s so hard to quit, you seem to crave it all the time.

But that’s where your sobriety tools come in. Play the tape forward, what will happen if you drink? How will you feel tomorrow? Cravings wont kill you, but drinking can…is it worth it?

Let’s get through the next hour sober, then go from there.

16 Likes

so I can be drunk :frowning:

what for? what’s the use of being drunk?

makes me feel better

thank you. means alot

then what are doing on a sobriety forum?

I’m trying my best to stay sober.

to get support.

good. what are you doing to stay sober? what resources for recovery do you use / work on?
here’s a link if you’re interested

1 Like

i listen to music and write

1 Like

Then you get to the inevitable dichotomy of, being hungover and desperately wanting drink to get rid of it, which wr all know never ends well, or having to start the journey over from the start. Again
Its not worth it, i know, im 54 and been drunk pretty much constantly for 30 years plus, my liver is hardly worki g and ive ruined my life, dont do it. I know what you’re goimg through, bcz i am same, right now i want a bottle of vodka, but i dont want the hell drinking brings, neither do you.

5 Likes

Instead of music try some soberiety podcasts when your getting some urges

3 Likes

Hows it going Bug? Hoping you made it through the day sober.

3 Likes

You’ve got to get to the root of why you want to be drunk. Feel better from what? What is missing or hurting in your life? What is so bad that you’ll get drunk with all the awful consequences rather than stay sober?

It’s a great avoidance and distraction mechanism. Feel good for a while, get some bigger problems, ignore the original ones.

Can you tell your mom you want to be sober, so she can support you?

1 Like

I found a great podcasts about Soberity its called knockin doors down heres even one i would argue the best interviews charlie sheen . It gets crazy funny during his interview. https://youtu.be/mZ1v7h7MBqE?si=ffV_Z2N-ldp5SnIh

1 Like

i did I’m sober

4 Likes

I can try telling her that

1 Like

Well done! You are onto something.

1 Like