⬇️ alcohol = ⬆️ acne

My face is breaking out in a very unattractive way after quitting alcohol for some time now. I feel like a 16yr old teenager going thru puberty!! Wasn’t expecting this side effect sans alcohol. Anyone else have this problem during sobriety?

3 Likes

I haven’t but I’ve seen others discussing this in the past. Here’s one thread but I’m sure there are more if you use that magnify glass at the top.

1 Like

Maybe the toxins flushing out? It really sucks when we do good things for our bodies and they revolt like that!

There are antibiotics that really help with acne if nothing helps or it doesn’t get better w time. One is doxycycline. That shit made my skin cleeeaarrr and smooth.

Yup happens to me! Just your body purging all the toxins. Just hydrate and let it pass. Don’t mess with your face. I promise it will pass and then your skin will be Glowing!! :star2:

Yep purging toxins and also hormones go wild at this stage too, its your body reconfiguring!

I got this, although I’m also perimenopausal so that’s making a contribution too!
Plenty of water and a zinc supplement as well as topical azaleic acid seems to be helping my skin.