Alcohol/Cocaine 🚫

Day 4 clean been a long week with some crazy dreams, been here before but anyone had a near death experience can relate.

7 Likes

Welcome back to TS!

1 Like

Absolutely can relate. And sooo grateful to be alive today :pray: congratulations on 4 days!! I still get thoae crazy dreams now and again. Thankfully they are just dreams. Glad to see u back!

2 Likes

Keep at it and glade your back. Ive returned here also after nearly a year and god knows how many failed start ups over the years. Keet at it!

2 Likes

Expecting the mad dreams but hopefully they fade away

1 Like

Scary to think you can go so long then boom after a long period of sobriety it can be back to square 1, the longer the sobriety the easier it should be to not use again but seems not, sticking to the meetings and speaking just proves it helps but when we all stop we can fall into bad habits x

2 Likes

I’m also day 4 after a heavy alcohol and cocaine binge. I’ve been having dreams and some serious sweating at night. Getting better now. Keep going :muscle:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I feel like most of the day it’s great but at night time it seems to get harder with the thoughts and sleeping with the paralysis and wakening up sweating but I’ve had 4 years or more constantly day to day abuse but I have went a few weeks in the past and failed but this time it’s do or die.

Thanks Lee :pray:

Hello everyone. I’m new to the community. Just hit day 20 with my sobriety from our room topic. I ended up in the hospital with a ruptured esophagus 3 weeks ago and when they got me stable, those dreams happened to me, also. The best thing for me was getting treatment the following days and a chemical detox really helped. I had been struggling with the withdrawals for a long time.

2 Likes

Also was hospitalised as 6 days no sleep no food was lucky no damage done apart from mental health and having a visit from death, day 5 coming up and feeling better but the dreams and sleep paralysis is hard going. Well done 20 days is outstanding :pray:

1 Like

The dreams seemed to get less frequent after about day 7 for me (they were constant until then). They are still there, but getting further and further apart as my body and mind keep healing each day. Keep up the good fight!

1 Like

The first 2 weeks are the hardest with the withdrawals but it’s not the end, being able to accept your powerless over your addiction and living with it is the hardest part for me as it’s all about managing your addiction as you cannot cure it but the best way to stay sober is to connect with each other and check in daily to meetings groups etc like this and know You’re not alone :pray:

1 Like