Alcohol dreams

I have been sober since 5-11-2021 and recently began having dreams where I am drunk or drinking. I haven’t had these in months. Any thoughts or opinions?
Thanks so much in advance

2 Likes

I too have these dreams. I am sober 3 years and 2 months. I hate when I have them but love when i wake up. I STILL every now and then have dreams about smoking again. I quit 38 years ago!!!
I read that this is common. The best advice I’ve gotten is to treat them as blessings from my Higher Power ever
reminding me how miserable and destructive it was when i drank. Reinforcing me with the GREAT relief and joy i feel when i wake up. Hope this helps​:slightly_smiling_face::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks so much. That’s a great outlook on that!

Common in early sobriety , but you wake up sober and thats good

1 Like

Here I am thinking I have a massive amount of sober time lol :laughing: :sweat_smile:
The dreams just caught me off guard. Thank you!!

I heard just yesterday. “Only sober people have drinking dreams.” Tom W.
:thinking: Not sure what to do with it except be grateful I’m one of the sober people.
And I can’t ever remember having drinking dreams when I was drinking.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

I would just black out and pass out :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I had one last night too. I remember a detail that I was trying to cover up that I drank, but there was so much trash. Bag after bag that I had to try to conceal. How symbolic is that??!! I woke up so sad, but then realized it was all a dream. And all on Thanksgiving morning. How symbolic is that??!! I was so grateful to wake up ME.

1 Like