Alcohol. Woke up with bad anxiey

Woke up with bad anxeity night 3 of quitting again. I’m shakey. Weird thoughts. Anyone else wake up alot like every hour on the hour.

8 Likes

Yup. The first week or two was really rough. It was only that bad for me maybe the first week and then it slowly started to get better.

Stick with it, it’s not always that bad! Better days are ahead.

1 Like

Sweats then chills and going back and forth from the shower to the couch every 2 hours. Sparkle shit every time I closed my eyes for 4 straight days. Uh huh, don’t ever have to go through that shit again. So glad you’re here.

3 Likes

Yes, I had bad anxiety for a while but the night time anxiety didnt last long so hang in there!

1 Like

Having the worst panic attack I’ve had all year. Going on 5+ hours now. Meds won’t work. I just feel so weak. Idk how y’all do it.

3 Likes

Like the tv network?

What is that?

Yes. But they just tell me to follow up with the meds I’ve been on for ten years. I can’t afford a psychiatrist. Are there any free clinics for that sort of thing that won’t lock you up? Lol

I drank last night. And have been diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder since 2012. Today guilt is making it worse. I need a real psychiatrist to get another opinion. This isn’t working and it’s a decade lost.

That’s when I relapse. When my anxiety just seems unbearable.

Thanks dude! I’ve done detox and rehab before. I recently had 100+ days. Then I messed it up. I seclude my self alot. It’s cool having you guys to talk to. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This website is for Americans looking for drug treatment in the US. It has many options, including some free and income-geared options. At the very least it will get you started - you may be able to find a waiting list for a state funded rehab or another option:

It all passes. No panic attack can last forever. If you look up stuff on anxiety it might help. It’s your body’s “fight or flight” going off. And it will go away. Try and get up and do something. I had wave after wave of panic in the first 3 days. I thought it would be better to lay in bed but it made it worse. Go to a different room. Sometimes changing the scene breaks the cycle. Do something even if it’s the last thing you feel like doing. I know it sucks and I wouldn’t wish that feeling on anyone. Alcohol is a vicious cycle with anxiety. It makes it better for a hot minute and then when it wears off the rebound anxiety is worse so then you want to drink again to take it away. The cycle has to stop. I promise you it will get better. One second at a time.

6 Likes

Hi,
Are you talking anything for anxiety?

It gets better, being a drunk doesn’t.

I’d recommend a psychologist rather than a psychiatrist buddy… Try to inform yourself what’s available where you are. Took me a while to realize and admit the extent of my problems, and I could do with a psychologist too just to process them and fully open up about things I wouldn’t even to those closest to me tbh. Keep you’re head up high! :wink: Relax and try this, wherever you are:

• Look around, point out 5 things you can see?
  • Point out 4 things you can feel?
  • Point out 3 things you can hear?
  • Point out 2 things you can smell?
  • Now point out 1 good thing about yourself?

Try noting down your thoughts, failures and successes… Ask yourself: who, when, where, why, what and how in as many different forms as relevant to your life? You do know you’ve got this, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was the same way on my 3rd day. AA meetings and meditation have helped me alot on my road to sobriety. I found this amazing recovery group and they offer different services all online. You can attend AA meetings from the comfort of your own home. I attend meetings everyday especially when I feel agitated or my anxiety gets high. You will meet alot of great people who have been exactly where you are right now.

1 Like