Alcoholic fiance

I’m trying so hard to stay sober I went 4 days and I had some drinks today. My body can’t handle it. I don’t want to die young over drinking. My two sons need me. My family and friends need me. But my fiance won’t stop drinking he gets so evil when he drinks last night was terrible. Today right when he got home he was drunk then got another 10 shots. I told him I wanted to drink but I hid them when he left to room so he can’t have so many and I don’t even have to do them. It’s so extremely hard to be around him.

4 Likes

Yeah that is very hard to be around

Try not to antaganize him
Just be a good example. Give him time. No1 really likes being super drunk. The belly aches say it all for me.

1 Like

Man, Alexis, I feel for you. Trying be sober around someone in active addiction is exceedingly difficult. I tried and failed so many times in my journey. my husband continues to drink heavily and refused to remove alcohol from the house, which would have made my life so much easier.
Somehow I have managed to free myself for a good stretch, but not without LOTS of support and reading and learning from others . Does your fiancé know and respect what you need to do? If so, what is he willing to do to support you?

1 Like

You are literally going to die if you don’t stop drinking. Your health problems are significant. You really need to consider leaving your fiance if that’s what it takes to gain stability. Fight for your life, do WHATEVER it takes to stay sober just for today. I’m really wishing the best for you. We are always here, reach out anytime.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with Dan.