Alcoholic Genes

Hi everyone! I did the 23andMe genetic testing a few years back- it’s a kit you get in the mail or from Target and you spit in a little test tube, mail it to a lab and a few weeks later you get your results. I did this because I’m adopted and wanted to know about potential health issues since I don’t know my birth family.
I used a new website called Promethease.com to “de-code” some of my raw DNA data- and wouldn’t you know it- I’m an alcoholic! lol.
I thought I’d paste a screen shot here of my results for those interested. Having a predisposition to alcoholism is unfortunately something you are born with and science has proved that. I try to keep this in mind when I’ve been really beating myself up about my various addictions over the years.
Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

3 Likes

Dang! I was thinking of trying 23andMe. More for the ancestry part, but details would be good to know too. Maybe I’ll ask for it as a Birthday gift!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!! How much was the kit?

For the health + ancestry kit it’s anywhere from $170-200. Sometimes it’s cheaper at Target than online.

1 Like