Alcoholic parents drunk drove with my daughter in the car!

Damn im sorry you had to deal with that. I presently am getting sober cause my ex’s mother was such a raging alcoholic i saw what i didnt want to be. Ultimately decided sobriety is the best way to assure i dont end up anything like that crazy bitch. I drank the first 2 days after our break up and now im on day 3 (broke up Sunday, decided to quite tuesday) i used to drink everyday for the past 10 years, im a happy drunk that is pleasent to be around, but i dont want to risk it lol i would rather spend 40 years sober than become anything like that woman for a night.

6 Likes

Thankyou :blush: I’m thankful to have here to vent it out. Makes me stop and think how to deal with things before I actually deal with them! [quote=“Timoth, post:21, topic:163578”]
i saw what i didnt want to be.
[/quote]
This is the thing isn’t it. To step back and think I don’t want to go down this road and want more outta life.
Congrats on your 3 days! Sorry to hear your going through a a breakup, must be quite tough for you. Good to see your focusing on yourself and making really positive steps. X

2 Likes

It is nice to be able to talk with people going through the similar experiences. Family and friends can be tougher to discuss with. Thank you listening and replying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely terrible behaviour think I would have let loose … you think u could trust and relay on parents … but sometimes it just doesn’t happen and it’s hard to understand X
You seem lovely and u have handled things great don’t beat yaself up X …
It’s there loss X big hugs xxx

3 Likes

Hi @Megan3
just want to reach out and asking how you’re doing. Lots on your plate and heavy to navigate. Want to send you hugs and strength :people_hugging::sunflower:

2 Likes

Awh thankyou a hug is always very welcomed! haha
To be honest, fine, iv got back into the beat of my own family, I know there safe and I know my options going forward. There no more umming and arring whether I should ask them for help anymore so it’s lightened the mental load.

I’m not so much angry in them anymore strangely. I love them parents quite feircly and I just feel a bit more sad. If anything would of happened it’s a different story but I just feel a bit powerless.

I saw my dad yesterday and he’s always been quite a proud strong man. Gets his hair cut every 3 weeks used to do circuit training play squash swim ect. Even a year ago before he retired he swam and was walk/jogging 5k couple times a weekend. He was out in his pajamas, hair hadn’t been cut, he was shaking so much he was struggling to put things on to the table. It was about 4 he hadn’t eaten and wouldn accept to go out for dinner with me. And I know why, cause itl interfere with his drinking. He looked hanging and his eyes were bloodshot and he was just visibly drained.

That’s what makes me sad out of the everything. I know I should be more angry for my daughter but I won’t put her in the position again so I don’t see the point kicking someone who’s down. It’s hard to watch them waste their good years when there is good people underneath. But there’s nothing I can do really. My mums an enabler and blames my dad for her drinking. But my dad blames genes for how he is cause his dad died as a result of alcoholism. His mum went teetotal after suffering fits and having suicidal thought and his only brother has been completely sober for about 20 years after damaging his liver.
He says he’s got a drinking problem but he’s fine :roll_eyes:

Well thankyou for asking! Clearly had a bit to get off my chest there! Haha dont panic about replying I have shoved alot at you and don’t feel obliged to unpack that all :laughing: just thankyou for giving me the green light to write it out xx

7 Likes

It seriously pisses me off when ppl drive drunk. Unless they get clean, they should never be allowed to drive your children again. I grew up with 1 alcoholic parent. I can’t imagine what it’s like growing up with 2!!!

1 Like