Almost 4 months sober, but I’m losing my job soon

Don’t really feel like a drink per say. Just venting. It’s a scary thing to have to face. Changing my job for the first time in years. Not sure how to face the new challenges that will come forth.

5 Likes

Embrace change, it’s easier to face.

5 Likes

Congrats on your 4 months!! Approach job hunting and a new job like you did getting sober. One day at a time. :hugs: Try not to think too far ahead. In my area jobs are available everywhere. I hope it’s the same for your area.

4 Likes

Congrats on your sobriety. When one door closes another opens and being sober, you’ll see that new door very clearly. Best wishes on your new endeavor.

3 Likes

Face them like you would face any new day, as each one has the potential for a crisis. A crisis has two aspects: change, and opportunity.

Since getting sober I’ve been laid off twice. Each time the new job was better than the previous one.

Finding that next job is a full-time job, so no time to drink!

5 Likes

The universe is blessing you with a new opportunity. How amazing!

I lost my job in March 2020 when the pandemic hit. It created a snowball of positivity and now I have a job that I love. Plus I have a really great side hustle. I know so many people who have changed jobs for the better over the last year.
From what I here, employers are eager to hire because of a worker shortage, so your chances are good wherever you choose to apply.

Good luck to you on your new adventure! Being nervous means that change is on the way. Embrace that feeling and make it work for you.

Just just remember that they hired you to make them look good. You have seasoned people at the company that selected you.