Almost approaching 24 hours

Almost approaching 24 hours since I made my decision to get sober. Feeling very foggy, but I’m determined to make it through. Reflecting on how much time I’ve wasted throughout my life getting drunk and doing things that I shouldn’t have been doing, instead of putting that time/energy towards something productive/positive. Not beating myself up or anything, but just thinking. I feel like I’ve been doing more thinking in these past 20 hours than I have in a reaaaaally long time. Feeling determined and positive, but still feeling lingering feelings of guilt, depression, and anxiety. One day at a time. I hope you are all having a great day today. We can do this!

10 Likes

I’m just over a week. And from my own experience the first week is FULL of all the thoughts and feelings I’ve drowned out over the years. I can say though on day 9 I feel ok. I have many moments i still get lost in dark thoughts but the first week was the hardest for me. You have a great support system here! You can do it!

4 Likes

Way to go Alex! keep the days coming. You are able to kick this addiction with support and hard work. Keep showing up for yourself :muscle:

1 Like