Almost Day 3 and Struggling

I think this is my 4th time to make it 2 days, then start having anxiety and all I can think about is how a beer would chill my nerves out so I could pull it together (as weird as that sounds)… I feel like I’m more a mess when I’m sober. I get depressed, lonely, bored, lazy… My house is the messiest it’s ever been. I don’t get it! I can’t seem to focus and get it together when I’m sober. Is this normal?? Does it go away? Help!

Take it one day at a time. If you’re struggling crawl in bed with a book or a movie. The first 72 hours are the worst, make it past 10 days and it’s all mental from there.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s actually what I’ve been doing… I’m just usually a go go go kind of girl, so this laying in bed watching movies is foreign to me. Feels like depression. I only drink after work a few drinks but it seems to be like a second wind to get through dinner, laundry, etc… Thanks for some hope it’ll get better. I’m pushing thru.

I was there resetting often, but I was drinking very heavy and it was clearly a problem for me. I like the Sober Guy podcasts quite a bit, also like recovery books.

1 Like