Alone again

Ok day but I’m faking it. Ex partner has made it clear we are done. I don’t like it but I know it’s the right thing. My brain is telling me to drink after all who cares right? I need to care and I don’t really. I just feel sad. And a failure at life, I’ve done loads of brilliant stuff but I have no family and according to ex partner no true friends because I’m alcoholic. Heavy sigh, tough day…

12 Likes

Please don’t listen to the negatives of what people have to say! You’re taking the right step with sobriety. Things get worse before they get better but it is worth it! Stay positive!! One day at a time. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect. Don’t beat yourself up. You got this!!! :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I remember feeling like you are, I was defeated, down for the count, done…

The thing is, the only way to turn things around was to change myself.

Maybe your ex is right about you, yesterday, but if you make a change today, and he’ll anything but right.

There’s a version of you waiting to come out, the best version of you. All she needs is for you to make that change, today; right now.

7 Likes

I care. I’m sorry that today sucks but drinking only pushes off the sad to deal with later plus a hangover. Take some time for yourself to be sad if that is what you feel. Tomorrow, get out of bed sober and start kicking ass. The best revenge on a mean old ex is a shiny new life. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it. :heart:

1 Like

That does sound tough. But focus on those things you say you have achieved. And your ex doesn’t get to decide who is your friend or not. And your actions will decide what friends you keep or make from now. Your life is yours to make. :purple_heart:

1 Like

My ex told me to go my drinking was giving her a problem didnt want to leave but did , left with two black bags after 13 years ,that was over 35 years ago now went to AA 2 weeks after i left still sober remarried two big sons lifes good today im happy loving family dont think thats a failure thats just desire and effort wish you well

1 Like

Be a fighter and do the next right thing. Drinking is a bad dream that will never get better. :muscle:

1 Like

Life really does get better wen getting clean and sober it would be interesting to see if anyone on here that’s chose sobriety that’s life has got worse?am 43 days in and seriously can’t look back between family health and work all 3 are so much better