Alone In My Sobriety

10M 15D,

I’ve been doing this for almost a year, alone. Yes, my family and fiancee support me, but I’ve been slowly changing myself. How the way I think, talk, act, present myself, etc. I feel so confident right now… So sure of myself and I’ve accomplished all of this in less than a year… If I play my cards right while continuing to hold em close to my chest, I can accomplish soooooo much more. For some reason, that this scares me sometimes and I think it’s because I’ve never been to that level before. My mind hasn’t fully grasped the gravity of it yet. I must stay mindful of this and continue going forward because there is no way in hell I’m looking back.

Thanks for hearing me out. I needed go get this off my chest. Y’all have a good night. Love you all!

21 Likes

in my experience when we move through those things that scare us theres a lot of growth on the other side of it and we come out more comfortable w ourselves. congrats on your sober time and keep doin what youre doin :slight_smile:

7 Likes

11391 all shit that slowly is starting to go away and get better. Keep killing it man, good job

10 Likes

I did it on my own too so just keep your head up. I spent 2 years isolated basically besides my family. No friends checked up on me or anything and I decided to make a change and join the army in Greece and I’m 5 years clean now so stick with it. Your will power will surprise you

5 Likes

Thank you all, very much.

I’m in the American Army myself bro. Thank you for the encouragement!

1 Like

That’s awesome but there is something about that fellowship with other alcoholics that keeps us in tune with what’s going on in our minds and bodies

1 Like

Life is weird and might take you in a weird path but you look like you know what you want in your life keep it going man I’m with you.

1 Like

I agree with you. Though I may be traveling this road of Sobriety on my own here and now, I honestly am glad that I’m able to post my most personal of thoughts here on this Forum. I have a Facebook and once in a while when the time and or moment calls for it, I post about my sobriety. Touching only briefly on it though. Here though, I can express myself without any hesitation. So, you’re right in that I’m not alone there.

Amen to that, stay the course. Keep yourself connected by telling on the disease

1 Like