Always a silver lining in every cloud

Today is day 4 of my recovery journey from years of cocaine usage.

The universe stopped me in my tracks this week, as I found myself in ER having to undergo two back to back surgeries. Post these surgeries, I experienced what they call a ‘sepsis shower’, the infection went into my bloody stream and my temperature got to dangerous levels. It did feel like at the time, that I was having an out of body experience.

Even though this week has been incredibly traumatic and my body has gone through hell, I am forever grateful for this experience to have arisen, as it’s provided me with the awakening and realisation that my life and my health is absolutely precious to me, and I no longer want to waste it away with self medicating with drugs.

I am so grateful to my body to be recovering slowly, it’s put up one hell of a fight and I’m so happy to be leaving hospital today and start my healing process in the comfort of my own home.

I can see how this week has made or forced me to turn a corner, and even tho this has been the week from hell, I know in my heart of hearts, it has catapulted me towards my recovery.

There really is a silver lining in every cloud. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Glad your okay! That’s scary stuff.

And 4 days is huge, it’s nice you are taking what is positive from the situation and moving forward with it.
Stay hydrated :pray::hugs::sunflower:

1 Like