Always HALT

Sometimes I feel like I’m always hungry, angry, lonely and tired.

43 days and feeling isolated.

Was informed of a big change coming up for me at work that I have no control over. Knew it was coming, so wasn’t blindsided. Unexpectedly saddened by the confirmation though.

Sobriety has thawed my heart and I resent feeling so deeply. I’m exhausted. I feel lonely and at the same time, I want to isolate myself.

:cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

@SuberAlles first great job 43 days really good. Second these feelings are all normal. When I stopped drinking and drugging I started feeling things I never really knew and did not like or need. 28 years later and I still have those feelings but from what my ex wife says I am still a prime just not as bad. It took me finding my wife now 22 years ago to show me it’s okay to have these feelings. Don’t give up you will see it’s worth it I promise yoi.

Congrats on your 43 days @SuberAlles! It can sometimes start to feel draining being able to feel all your emotions again and feel overwhelmed. I find running and hiking to help me process my emotions and events of the day. I am someone who struggles with wanting to isolate myself at times. But now I try and force myself to get out and do something…even if just going to bookstore or signing up for a yoga class or kickboxing or going to a movie even if by myself. Just to get out. Something that puts in me in a social situation without having to necessarily be social. Or going to a support group or meetings. Just really try and get out. I know easier said than done, I’ve been there but it’s so worth it. Keep posting!

1 Like

Hey @SuberAlles. Sorry you are feeling so down. When I’m feeling negative emotions I have to remind myself that emotions can’t hurt me but drinking will. It sucks to have to feel so much all the time but it’s perfectly normal. We are all just so used to being able to shut it off or alter it with substance. You can’t spend life running from the bad - you’ll end up missing all the good. One of the biggest challenges of sobriety is learning how to actually move through emotions instead of drowning them out and pushing them away. Because they aren’t really gone. They are just not being dealt with - so you never really get over things. If you face your fears/insecurities/sadness/frustrations then you can overcome them. Stay strong. We are always here to listen.

2 Likes