Am a mess and trying not to hit that bottle

I am trying to stay strong and sober but my husband finally left me for good because he couldn’t handle my drinking, and Any other time I would of hit the bottle already but am trying to handle it sober and it’s hard, this forum is the only thing I have right now. Thank you :cry::cry::cry:

10 Likes

Im so sorry you’re going through that. Drinking won’t be of any help, dig deep and find your strength!
The future is unknown so try not to dwell on what may or may not happen. :hugs:

2 Likes

Those are some very big emotions that you must be feeling. I am so happy that you are choosing yourself over a bottle of alcohol today, like Donna said just dig deep. Sometimes I have had to go literally minute by minute when things felt too hard. It’s OK to feel everything you are feeling no matter how uncomfortable those feelings are, it is totally OK to feel them. As much as at the time it never feels like it, you will feel better if you just ride these waves of emotions. Don’t forget to breathe. :heart:

Sending you a load of love and strength tonight and a massive virtual hug.

2 Likes

We are here for you! What day are you on?
Let this be a positive turning point for you. Let what you are feeling now fuel you

1 Like

Thank you! Am at day 3 and everyone’s kind words are all I have now this forum, am trying my best to stay strong I am trying not to let my depression shattered me more then I am trying I really am I wish he knew that too😢 thank you

Your actions are starting to match your intentions, and that’s good. Quite often, it is painful consequences that bring us to our knees and have us surrender to sobriety. Don’t drink no matter what, get a sober head onto your pillow tonight.

Here’s some things that have worked for other people on the forum:

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words it really helps when you know someone has taken the time to help you I will go to bed sober tonight. I want this more then anything, I’ve hit rock bottom before but something about this time it’s different and I can feel it. :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words I need all the help I can get and hope I can help others as well

1 Like

Thank you am trying my best, am just lucky that I get to go to bed sober one more night and not worry about where am going to wake up because I was so drunk

Maybe try a meeting might help you wish you well

2 Likes

Have you tried listening to sobriety podcasts? I have them playing almost all day long while I’m driving, cleaning the house, going on walks, etc. they’re a good reminder that you’re not alone in this journey. Recovery Happy Hour, Home, and Recovery Elevator are a few of my favorites. I can relate to almost every one of the guests and experiences on the shows, no matter how different the journeys. You are not alone, you have support, and you can do it!

1 Like

Welcome Randie. I know it’s hard and it will be hard in these early days. Keep trying. Wake up every day and keep reaching out. Read around here, comment, like, engage; if you like try a meeting (there are dozens of options at the link above; feel free to “shop around”; also many offer online options).

You’re a good person, a worthy person, and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

2 Likes