And the fall

I relapsed for the last three days both alcohol and Meth. Ol mess it up when it’s good came out. Man the thought of having to come clean is scary. Guess I’ll put on my big boy pants and let everyone down again. Is the truth not needed to recover from this? That’s my brain taking the easy way out. That’s all the relapse was to. Ok just needed to let it out. Thanks you all

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this, what happened?

I slipped on meth again too. Drinking set me up to do it.

My work doesn’t know about the meth. Nobody except trusted friends from aa does. My work doesn’t know how bad of an alcoholic I am either. My boss is clean and sober. I don’t think he would judge me, but I’m not willing to take that chance.

I know and admitting defeat to myself is where I’m at. Today I surrender to the fact that I play Russian roulette when I take a drink. My illusion of functioning alcoholic isn’t going to last if I keep drinking. I promised myself that drinking wouldn’t get me spun again yet when it crossed my path, I was drunk enough to do it without even thinking about it then the demon was back in control and I went looking for it. Bought it and did it.

I don’t need anyone judging me. I’m hard enough on myself!

2 Likes

Hey Eric,
I was wondering about you today… Sorry to hear about your reset. But you came back! Congratulations, really. Now it’s time to get back on that horse and share with us what you learned.

Man, I’m glad you came back. If you hadn’t, I would have really missed you.

Thank you for sharing. You are so loved here.

3 Likes

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve fallen, we’d need hands across America for that, but I can tell you that you only have to succeed once. Pick the sobriety back up and double down, life’s stresses are stressful but not worth picking up over, you know they only make it worse.

Keep trudging friend, we’ve all been down that road.

6 Likes

Just stopped going to meetings and feeling sorry for myself. I’m sober today and all the guilt and shame is overwhelming but I know it will pass😔

1 Like

Ahh mate I know that guilt and shame all to well. Well done on being sober today, the most important day of all. Turn it into a positive and let this be a lesson for future reference, you can do this :muscle::facepunch::facepunch:

2 Likes

Update: I have 5 days sober and started a new job. I feel good and just working makes a huge difference. I’m with a traveling crew of great guys. WOOHOO IM BACK BABY.

5 Likes

WMn42RG

2 Likes