And those "CRUCIAL EVENINGS"

Its 3 pm out here. Going out for a short trip nearby. Winter. Craving will be beyond resistance as the evening comes, as usual I know. Now lets see.
I’ll Update here later.:+1:

#CravingBattle #StayStrong

3 Likes

Cravings, particularly for alcohol, were very powerful for me also. I’ve thing I learned was that they are fairly short lasting, just a few intense minutes really. By stepping out of the experience for a moment to examine the phenomena, I was able to get my cravings to be manageable. It was at those times that I would often read AA books to get me through that 15 or 30 minutes.

You can ride through and over your cravings. Keep sharing your experience with us, it helps!

2 Likes

Very true. Its momentary. Keep sharing your’s too :crossed_fingers:.

3 Likes

Help with cravings includes managing HALT symptoms…

Hungry - eat something, preferably something nutritious with protein. Also, drink plenty of healthy water. Hydration is critical to good brain function which is what you need to manage cravings.

Angry or anxious - recognize it and process it. Breathing activities, brisk walk, hot and cold showers at all things that can help you reset your emotions and mindset

Lonely - reach out to safe and supportive people. Like all of us. Watch reruns of a favorite humorous movie or tv show. Call a friend, a real friend, not a drinking buddy or a dysfunctional relative. Do something you enjoy.

Tired - take a nap. Go to bed. Get some rest or sleep.

Attend to all of these regularly in your first weeks, or for the rest of your life, and the cravings will reduce and eventually leave.

I wish you the best!

3 Likes

“Back home after an amazing evening on the hillside trip! :national_park::snowflake: Cold weather, bonfire vibes, and good friends. They offered, but no one pushed. Instead, I grabbed the guitar and immersed myself in the moment. :guitar::sparkles: Battled the urge and stayed sober—two weeks and one another day conquered. Feeling more confident and in control. :star2: Drove everyone home safely; their confidence in me was a powerful boost. Felt incredibly responsible.”

Now, home sweet home, spending quality time with family, lending a hand in the kitchen. Yes, I did it! :muscle::house_with_garden:

#SoberJourney #ConfidenceBoosted #FamilyTime"

8 Likes

Good for you! :raised_hands: :innocent: Happy for you :+1: