Android - Black screen bug

Hello everyone,

I’ve had a few reports from users on Android who say that they get a black screen when they open the app. I haven’t been able to replicate the bug on my device or on an Android emulator. Has anyone else experienced this?

With me it often stalls when loading since a day or two. When I swipe from the left (an action I’m still getting used to, I have a new phone, a Motorola g60s ), the main page does open. When I close the app and open it again, it stalls again. Most of the time that is, not always. This all happens when I use the Chrome app. When I open TS from the Sober Time app it works normal. And not sure this is the problem you’re referring to either.

When you say “Chrome app” you mean you go to the mobile site in Chrome browser?

Well yes, but once you’ve opened talkingsober.com in chrome, you get the possibility to save it as an app called Talking, and in fact it becomes a real app, without the address bar for example, and some other possibilities.

Sorry no. I’m referring to the Sober Time app itself that opens up to a black screen where you can’t access anything.

I have an android. I get a quick black screen as the app loads. I closed and opened it multiple times to see if the black screen would stay but it’s just a flash and the app loads right away.

1 Like

It happened to me several times. It works fine now, though.

1 Like

Would you care to elaborate on this?

• When it happened, did it get stuck on that black screen or eventually move to the app?
  • What Android version are you on, what device are you using?
  • When was the last time you saw this?
  • What version of Sober Time are you using?