Another Back to day 1

Well I’m back to day 1. Sad logging in and looking at my profile reading by that it said I knew this time was it. I broke sobriety end of May I think. Really only made it 50ish days sober. Been drinking pretty heavily ever since. Separated from my wife and been living at my parents for the past 6 weeks. I don’t even have confidence in this round. I’m just going to try and not drink today

7 Likes

Think of those 50ish days as proof that you know you can make it that far.

Dont be too hard on yourself. Youre going through a rough patch, during an already difficult time of trying to remain sober.

Just know that you are strong enough to get through it.

I believe in you! Im trying my hardest to stay sober today as well. (And I’m also trying to dig myself out of a hole, back living with my parents).

We’ve got this. One day at a time.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re going through a really rough time :two_hearts:

It’s SO easy to fall back into addictions when we are in a vulnerable state. Stay strong, but I hope you also are gentle with yourself. A lapse and a relapse aren’t the same thing and progress isn’t linear. As long as you don’t go “fuck it! I guess I’m a drinker again!” I’d say you’re still doing great

1 Like

One day at a time it is :pray:
Welcome back :hugs::sunflower:

1 Like

Welcome back. This is a good day to start the rest of your life being sober.

Every journey begins with a first step, and each and every step moves you closer to your destination.

Do you have a plan other than to try to white knuckle your way through? I ask because I could generally white knuckle for a time, but will alone was never enough. A plan of action is what made the difference for me this time, and this time has been 5 years (and counting).

Maybe start with your “why?” and work from there. Do you want to save your marriage, or build a new, single life? Why did you quit before, and why did you drink again?

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help helped me wish you well