Another day feeling a bit better

Day 2 felt like crap this morning 3 hrs sleep and its really warm here unusual for Scotland, taking each day as it comes hopefully tomorrow will be even better than today ,cant wait till i finally feel im in control of this but i know it going to be tough, im putting my trust in god to help me through

6 Likes

It will be tough at times but extremely rewarding. Best wishes to a sober happy life

1 Like

Thanks dan i read your profile i like doing that to find out im not alone in my struggles gives me more strength to get through the first couple of days ,took the dogs for a long country walk feeling better now ,i love the encouragement and community on here gives you hope i can do it too

3 Likes

day 2 for me too! i could barely sleep, but i got up early and went to the gym :muscle:t3: i have such a strong craving for cigarettes (i’m coming off both alcohol and cigarettes at the same time) — but i just keep reminding myself that it’s not the best choice. coming on here helps me so much, i’m so grateful for you guys and us sharing this journey together. i agree i’m looking forward to feeling more “in control”, meaning we’ve practiced a sober lifestyle and all the tools that come with it for quite some time. for now we take it 1 day at a time and just remind ourselves how marvelous it already is that we’ve given ourselves this gift!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

4 Likes

You certainly are not alone. I remember the early days really well. You certainly can do it because I did and there is nothing special about me. We are all here for eachother, 24/7 somebody is on this site. Reach out anytime :blush:

If you like reading i highly recommend “This Naked Mind”. It’s on audiobook if you are interested but like listening better

1 Like

Thanks i will look into it

Welcome @Macy2020 and @JuliaLuna, to Talking Sober! Positive thoughts and good intentions such as you have expressed are really important to cultivate early on.
Here is a thread about how other members got sober and stay sober: Resources for our recovery.

And I recommend the book Living Sober, which has been called “the field guide to sobriety”. It’s avaliable online from AA for free at https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/living-sober-pdf-format.

Blessings on both your houses :pray: as you begin your journey!

2 Likes

Every day gets a little easier to get to the next. Keep telling yourself “No Matter What, i gotta make it till tmro” and when tmro comes you just repeat it… every day.
You got this!

2 Likes