Another great perspective on AA for those skeptical

i feel that people should refrain from throwing the word “nazi” around when they aren’t talking about nazis but that’s my opinion.

anyhow. so this person got really absorbed in AA then left. sounds like they didn’t appreciate people from the program trying to contact her after she left, but, it’s not like they do that to EVERY SINGLE PERSON that comes and goes. it sounds like the author was HEAVILY involved in aa. i mean, if you abruptly stopped seeing a group of people you’d regularly seen for years i’m sure they’d wonder what the fuck was going on with you also.

not trying to knock her experience or anything. i get how people might call it a cult and all. but, i mean, she tried aa, it wasn’t for her. at the end of the day she stayed sober and learned more about herself. so i mean, at some point she saw something good about the program and it was working to some extent.

another thing i might add is that she sounds like someone who was super involved and maybe she wasn’t doing that much outside of aa. the point of recovery and getting sober isn’t to make your entire life revolve around aa.

just my take and i don’t know shit so have a great sunday

1 Like

I used to argue about the fellowship, then I grew up and focused on getting well.
ALL recovery methods/groups have a low success rate due the nature of addiction.
Focus on your own recovery, when you’re busy pointing the finger 3 are pointing back.

2 Likes

i didnt mean to present like i was arguing. just read the article posted and shared my thoughts. didn’t mean to suggest my word is final. it’s a sobriety related forum and i think healthy discussion about experiences/struggles related to sobriety should be encouraged here. just saying my take.

(that three finger line is something my sponsor says aaaaall the time :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

That’s cool mate.My post Wasn’t aimed at you. It was the OP he/she is stirring up hate.
Peace bro

1 Like

My teacher used the 3 finger saying 20 years ago! Time flies.

1 Like

Finally a voice of reason. Thank you @Chris25. Now can we all move on. Note: studies looking at the efficacy of one method over another are invalid due to fact that there too many variables to control.

2 Likes

We need to be great full for all recovery movements , addiction ruins lifes.
This is serious stuff people ,if someone puts down their DOC by believing in the tooth fairy then great that’s one less life ruined.

3 Likes