Anthem of the Day (Part 1)

Very cool video. I like it :+1:

1 Like

I think that was what put me off tbh. I do remember seeing the video for the main single (I want to say it was called ‘Adore’?) and thinking, ‘bit gothy for me’ :sweat_smile: Mad how it was originally an acoustic album.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yep, that was when Billy adopted the ultra-pale makeup and glossy black trenchcoat, lol.

Album is worth a look, though!

1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

@Hailstrom congratulations on your 1000 plus!! Super proud of you!

I was going to post this several weeks ago for Grace Slick’s bday Oct 30. ( I don’t think I did)
I like this version too.

5 Likes

Thank you :grin:

This version is great too!!

1 Like
3 Likes

My Mother was there!

1 Like

That’s really cool!! I hope it was a wonderful happy experience for her!

1 Like

Happy Birthday Bjork!

5 Likes

Suiting.

There are phases I go through where I actually prefer Sugarcubes to solo Björk, but it’s always close.

Also a good opportunity to posts this photo I took while traveling solo in Iceland ~5 yrs ago. Alas, the sign is a liar, she was nowhere to be seen.

5 Likes

Ha! What an excellent sign. I’ll happily admit my ignorance, I had to look up to see if there is a place called Bjork and I’m still none the wiser. I did find out it is Icelandic for Birch.

Great song choice and far more fitting absolutely.

Edit: I would love to visit - did you enjoy your time there?

2 Likes

I have no idea what the sign was pointing me towards, was just a giant field!

Iceland is magnificent, and cheap/easy to get to. Only drawback is food there is very expensive. I brought a lot of non-perishables with me (oatmeal, nuts, coffee, etc) but would go out to eat once per day.

But yeah. GO.

5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Wonderful photos - thank you for sharing

2 Likes