Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

Music is a huge part of my life (I’m also a rock/metal DJ) and this song has always resonated with me. Even more so now.

2 Likes

2 different versions
Original

Cover

Peace to All

3 Likes

How do I get the Youtube vid to show on here? I tried before and it only showed a hyperlink :thinking:

1 Like

Use the "share’ button, followed by ‘copy linik’ and copypaste the result here. Like this:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Nice oldie you’ve got there! Music is such an escape from stress.
The track I posted is from an indie band called Mansionair. I’ve just recently moved on from baby shark do-dooo-dooo-do to my old music prefences ha-ha.

2 Likes
6 Likes

One of my favorites. Artist and song.
“Time moves on, I’m moving with it … “
2:07

“ There’s a place high on a mountain
Where I go to find relief
Set my feet back on the ground
Set my spirit free”
2:40

4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

@Soberbilly Bill - you consistently post the coolest stuff ever. I never expected to see Wilco crop up here. It’s not quite “I saw the doors when I was 16” territory, but I saw Wilco for the umpteenth time a few weeks back in Manchester, with the lovely Courtney Marie Andrews on support duties. Wilco were at the top of their game. Jeff Tweedy has an interesting few chapters in his book about addiction and getting sober too!

2 Likes
4 Likes

See, see…you post the coolest stuff!!
And no, I had no idea, please tell me much more!!
Is that your Wilco footage? I saw them at a similar time, think it was on the A Ghost Is Born tour. Jeff seemed in a pretty rough way at the time. So glad he didn’t become one of the rock n roll casualties. And yeah you’re right, they’re still so inventive musically. I love how over here in England they’ve never had a sniff of mainstream success…but you trying buying a ticket to one of their shows! Just goes to show, there is so much great new music out there still today, you just have to dig deeper for it, and give it time.

3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

What a tune!!! Did you know this was supposedly written, rehearsed, recorded and mixed in the same day? With a bit of an all-star cast too, including George, Billy Preston, Klaus Voreman etc. Even got a release withing about ten days. Always felt it should have been on Plastic Ono Band this one.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes