Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

Last night I came home after eight days of relaxing, taking it easy and a little bit of strolling and visiting a couple of smaller museums and exhibitions (I have a very close friend who lives in Paris and I try to visit her at least twice a year, although before Covid, I used to go way more often).
I usually prepare my playlist while on the plane, but this time I was soooooooo exhausted - I had a realy busy three weeks, loads of work and a few sleepless nights. So I “concentrated” on “Depeche Mode”, “Recoil” and a couple od other bands.

It’s a bit of an earworm today, but I don’t mind, because I only recently discovered how great it is. I’m posting the remixed version, as I was listening to it.

6 Likes

In Austin TX Tonight, Y’all!!! :heart::metal:t2::heart:

4 Likes

J. Cole

“Don’t be sleepin’ on your level, Cause it’s beauty in the struggle”
Peace to All

3 Likes

“Make way for the Positive Day”

3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Getting late in the evening here in the UK. I’m chillin to this from many years ago!

4 Likes

“Double Nickels on the Dime” is an awesome record…probably their best.

3 Likes

:100: agreed! Such a unique album.

3 Likes

This can easily count as an anthem of the first half of my life. Or the soundtrack. Of my whole life. Nile Rogers and CHIC are beyond legendary.

4 Likes
4 Likes

You’re not alone x

6 Likes

Have a good day to all Peace

5 Likes

TBH in the early eighties you were either pro or anti disco, and I was anti. But 40 years later that doesn’t matter that much no more… Anyway, I was more in to this sort of stuff back then.

7 Likes

I always had loads of guilty secret pleasures and my love for music has been expanding forever. Let’s call it eclectic. And it all crossed over into each other too.

6 Likes

Never heard of the guy. My best friend in high school was a black guy from Curacao. One week we went out to the disco. Next week to some squatters party with obscure little punk and ska bands playing. We made a nice couple.

2 Likes

Hate sucks.

5 Likes

Jakob : Malachite :blue_heart:

4 Likes