Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

First day of summer weather here. Always reminds me of this.

3 Likes

17 Years old, 2nd year apprentice, coming back from a job in Edinburgh around November time and my journeyman was playing oakenfolds album. I didn’t have a care in the world and felt free… funny how songs and memories stay together in your head.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday, Eric Burdon!
Thanks for all the great music! :heart::purple_heart:🩷

2 Likes
2 Likes

:v:t4:

3 Likes

“ "(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay " is a song co-written by soul singer Otis Redding and guitarist Steve Cropper. Redding recorded it twice in 1967, including just three days before his death in a plane crash on December 10, 1967. It was released on Stax Records’ Volt label in 1968,[4] becoming the first posthumous #1 single in the US.[5] It reached #3 on the UK Singles Chart.”
Wiki

:v:

6 Likes

This is one of my all time favorites. :heart: What a lovely way to start the day

2 Likes

:saxophone: RIP David Sanborn :saxophone:

3 Likes

Mine too @Alisa @JazzyS… So chilled. I want to be on that dock watching the time roll. :heart:

2 Likes

I love all Otis’ songs. Just included the wiki up there to note that “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay” was released after he died. Age 27 I think. Plane crash.

4 Likes

Aw man ,that’s so sad. I haven’t heard any of his other stuff but I’ll listen to this. Thanks Alisa.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Madeline Merlo

It’s ok to not be ok

2 Likes

Las Vegas. May 11 2024. Mick playing guitar, singing, dancing and playing harmonica. All good.

May 11, 2024 Lots of good shots of all of them. Excellent live Video and recording from Fake Fan.

Paint it Black May 11, Las Vegas

3 Likes

His voice is so rich. Saw him live. Played all the songs on the piano for years.

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Never heard of Bad Brains but you can tell where the Dickies got their inspiration from.
Are you old enough to know Amon Duul II? Just asking.

2 Likes