Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

I was born in 1965, but they never have been on my radar. Alas.

3 Likes

Not sure if this should live here or on another thread but this is one of my jams at the moment

4 Likes

Iā€™m your age. I know this track. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

If you asked me if I knew a REM song my reply would be ā€˜probably if I heard it but canā€™t put the name on a song if that makes senseā€™. I donā€™t know this song.

Iā€™m glad you @Soberbilly were reunited with your old friend after many years. Your comment w ā€œSuperstitionā€. The ā€œI Believeā€ song is nice, too.

ā€”ā€” ā€”ā€”

One of the highlights of my 2020.

2 Likes

THIS is the one I know.

Not the same

I listened to this and thought he was possessed. Turns out he put a country spin on it.

2 Likes

Another one of those songs that was played way too much here when it was a hit. Itā€™s good though, hearing it 43 years later.

2 Likes

@Mno love that Funkin for Jamaica.

@Soberbilly Yep one of my top favorites. ā€œLow Spark of High Heeled Boysā€. And as a commenter said ā€˜ one man, one piano, perfectā€™ or something similar. Itā€™s great! Better than the original. I love these re-doā€™s 50 plus years later and theyā€™re better.

For your son @FarFromNormal

2 Likes

May 11, 2024 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

May 11, 2024 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

3 Likes
3 Likes

Oldy but goody. Ive had a couple trying days and just heard this and im like Yes, mariah carey you are right! Look at all ive gotten thru. Im a badass.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hell yeah @BirdyP

2 Likes

I went to dances where those bands were playing their songs ā€œYouā€™re gonna miss meā€ and ā€œ96 tearsā€. Also saw R. Erickson in the mental hospital. I always thought that the group of us went to visit him because ā€œwe were coolā€. As it turns out, it was the school that wanted us to go as a lesson of what not to do. A step up from ā€œreefer madnessā€.

Both ā€œIā€™m a believerā€, and Jimiā€™s ā€œsteppingstoneā€ are too wild for me to listen to now.

Thatā€™s crazy. Hendrix opening for the Monkeeā€™s. RIP Hendrix.

Royal Albert Hall 2005

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

A more than 400 years old song

3 Likes

What an epic performance, Iā€™m clapping at home with the crowd

I miss you Sinead :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I miss her. I will never get tired of hearing this.

4 Likes

This song has been in my head a lot lately. Will never get tired of listening to it. Miss her.
I like your 400 year old song. @Pat_m
Again enjoy the concert tonight.

5 Likes

:v:t4:

5 Likes