Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

Don’t want to hear about the drugs you’re taking
Don’t want to read about the love you’re making
Don’t want to hear about the lives you’re faking
Don’t want to read about the muck they’re raking
1979 mind you :metal:

3 Likes

Just came home from a Pennywise concert, and of course they played their cover of this classic :v:t2:

2 Likes

@Tito23 of course I like Ben King’s the best. Also like John Lennon’s.
Nice to see you. I wrote a missing for the missing thread the other day for you, didn’t send it, then saw you posted and it was still unsent so I screenshot it.

![IMG_0778|690x462]

4 Likes

Love that song. “You didn’t have to be so nice”. Would never have put the name with the music. Thanks for posting it.

Nice you saw them w BBoys.
I sorta maxed out on Beach Boys back then especially living on the beach. Did see what was left of them about twenty years ago and it was a fantastic show.
I posted “In My Room” a week or so ago.
Of course love “For what it’s worth”.

John Sebastian ( and the rest of Lovin Spoonful) always look so joyful. His smile is contagious.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Alisa I appreciate you wishing you the same. Here’s one of my all time favorite Lennon songs. There’s always a message in his music and that’s my type of music, music with meaning whether that’s Hip-Hop Rock Soul or Reggae. Hope you like it.

Peace and Take Care to All

4 Likes
3 Likes

@Tito23 probably the first time I really listened to the lyrics of that song. Even knowing the song. But really didn’t. Comforting and strong. Thank you, Tito.

“ In the middle of the song, Lennon mutters the word “cookie”, imitating the Cookie Monster from the US children’s television show Sesame Street.
Lennon has explained the song as follows:

“I’m saying ‘hold on John’ because I don’t want to die…I don’t want to be hurt and please don’t hit me…Hold on now, we might have a cup of tea, we might get a moment’s happiness any minute now. So that’s what it’s about, just moment by moment. That’s how we’re living now, but really living like that and cherishing each day, and dreading it too. It might be your last.”

2 Likes
4 Likes

:v:t4:

5 Likes

Morning @Soberbilly @Button83

5 Likes

Oh oh oh i like it … damn :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My fav.

4 Likes

The Blue Stones - Healing

3 Likes

Both Paul McCartney and Neil Young writing for Civil Rights. I’ve probably never listened to ‘Southern Man’ without a lump in my throat or tears. For sure, the heaviest of thoughts.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice song for sobriety … and “Healing”

1 Like

@soberbilly Good morning @MrsOdh here’s how koffie is pronounced. Enjoy this part of dutch popular culture in the 70’s :upside_down_face:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Have a good weekend to all :v:t4:

4 Likes
2 Likes