“Anti Feminism”Rant (TW sexual themes)

Can we talk ab the fact that feminists are literally degraded no matter what we’ve been through? I had a deadbeat dad, a creepy stepdad who tried getting me to have sex w him, had multiple grown men groom me even some creep on THIS APP tried it. And been cheated on multiple times by people who acted like they would never. And I gave the benefit of the doubt the whole time. It’s just getting tiring to be shat on and degraded for being on my own side for safety purposes. And that’s just my experience. Not to mention the statistics on violent and sexual crime are staggeringly obvious(like over 95%) but I’m just a bitch right :joy: I just wanted to bring this up bc even someone on this app tried it & I want more people to understand feminism is an act of survival and helpful for ALL, no just women. Because even men who display feminine traits, even if they aren’t gay, are in danger just being themselves, but I shouldn’t even have to explain that side for people to understand that women need support & DESERVE to be on our own side & not feel bad for it . & we deserve more men being on our sides as well not making us even more unsafe, or spouting “not all men” at any chance they get. I just wish men were more so these protectors like I used to think.

6 Likes

Taking advantage of vulnerability (or perceived vulnerability) is wrong, always.

Taking advantage is wrong, always.

The need for women to occupy an equal space (including equal respect for them in all areas) is crucial. There can be no peace and no health (or sobriety) until women are (and feel themselves to be) respected as equals.

7 Likes

Thank you Matt. & it’s sad how prepared I am for angry abusive comments just for saying these things. There are things I like about men, and it makes me sad. I like that men can be strong and are (supposed to) protect . I wish I saw that side more often than middle aged men trying to fuck me every single time I even talk to them. It is scary and makes me very depressed. I don’t have a father to go home to to tell me that isn’t right. I have an angry mother who is damaged by them as well. But I’m grateful for her bc someone needs to be strong even if that means coming off as a bitch. I’ll be a feminist til I die . PERIOD. I am an advocate for women forever and idc if people are bothered by that

4 Likes

Thank you. :gift_heart:

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s the point

2 Likes

I’ve met a lot of jerks during my life time too. But everyone here has been really sweet and amazing.

Anyway I wouldn’t call myself a feminist, because of all the toxic feminism out there. Equal rights are absolutely important. We should never stop fighting for that. We should never stop teaching our kids that they should treat each other with respect. Our boys to be gentlemen and to stay true to themselves. And everyone to be safe. Sexual crimes might be more common with girls/woman as victims (And the jail time for it is a freaking joke over here) but violence crimes overall are more common among boys/men.

I don’t give much for the type of feminism that wants to make the woman superior, degrading men or demands everything to be exactly equal. Because it’s impossible. Woman’s can make everything men can if they want to, and that’s the way it should be. And the other way around.

Me and my husband have a pretty “traditional” relationship which world perfectly for us.
I was home with our kids for more than 10 years. He was the one who worked. We couldn’t have done it any other way because doing so we would’ve been completely broke. I married young, have barley finished school. My husband is a little over 10 years older than me and had a full time job.

He’s been a roadworker for 15 years, staying away from home weeks at a time.
Naturally kids and home fell on me.
Yet he has been working with Fellows who’s ladies have demanding them to do the dishes every other week (saving for when they get home from work)
Dropped everything and left their husbands alone with their kids as soon as they got back home.
That’s not feminism in my opinion.
Not sure what it is, but not feminism. Equal rights and feminism isn’t about dividing dishes or time with the kids glass for glass or minutes by minutes. It’s about having the possibility to do something, and be able to communicate about it on an equal level, where no one is superior.

Nowdays my husband can’t work, because of a car accident so he is the one staying home.

I don’t wish my worst enemy to meet the types of men I’ve did. But at the same time I have an extremely toxic mother and I don’t wish her upon my worst enemy either.

And I also know that my husband won’t wish on his worst enemy what he has come across regarding horrible ladies during his life. (Extremely abusive Ma and Stepma, crazy manipulative ex-wife, to name a few)

Abusers comes in all shapes and all genders.

I get your point,and I know where you’re coming from, and I’m sorry that you felt the need to even make a post like this.

Just wanted to give my opinion on this.
In parts of my culture (I’m half Romano Gypsy) the woman are in charge. The head of the family is always the oldest woman, and nothing gets done without her permission.
I think the problems comes from whenever someone thinks they have the right to decide or should be given the privilege to decide over someone else. No matter the reason.

8 Likes

“I don’t believe that’s the point“

It is, but you don’t recognize it. I understand the frustration. When I got sober and embraced recovery, I started to take control of what I could. My actions, my thoughts, my life.

It’s definitely okay to be pissed, but if you just stick in that place, and don’t focus on you and what you can control. . . Well, you’re gonna live a very anger-filled life.

I am very glad you are here, and in no way am I minimizing your frustrations, but recovery teaches us how to let go of anger and embrace what we can control in our lives, which is only ourselves.

14 Likes

This type of behavior will not be tolerated on this forum. We as moderators take this very serious and we will not hesitate to suspend or ban those who groom or creep on members. We urge you to please contact moderators by private message (if you’re more comfortable contacting one moderator you can do that instead) or flag any private message you deem inappropriate. We cannot see your private message unless it is flagged.

On another note, discussing any political ramifications or opinions on this is against forum rules. Please keep this discussion on topic. If this veers into a political discussion, this thread will be closed and/or removed.

13 Likes

I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a woman. As a man, I personally hate that ever since I hit puberty I think about women every other damn minute.
I watch Soft White Underbelly all the time and it makes me sick hearing the evil that’s out there. There’s no excuse for it, other than they are a pos. I can’t blame you for feeling the way you feel. There’s plenty of women that are superior to me (in ways). Doesn’t bother me one bit. I do like being needed And maybe that’s where some people are coming from??? Idk

1 Like