Anxiety after 6pm

I stopped drinking 4 days ago. I am a anxiety drinker. Two to three vine glass or around 5once of whiskey. I do for getting calm. I always had problem with anxiety. But I slowly discovered the nice calm alcohol can give to me. I never over drink to the point I don’t remember or that my head is spinning. But even with small amount…when it’s every day it brings addiction. The first 2 days was shaky and anxiety. Always around the 6pm. I was always beginning to drink at this time. I have to say that when I get back home…I don’t know how to relax without it for now. Since my consumption was not extreme, I decided to do it at home. I had some benzo at home so when I am too much shaky and I can’t sleep well I take one. I just hope this shaking and craving will start to go away soon.

3 Likes

Please be careful not to cross addict onto benzo. Swapping benzo from drink only seems like trouble to me . Why not try and get to a aa meeting so you can meet other people who understand what your going through and get some help and support x

2 Likes

Actually I had a disease last year and got crazy anxious. I was not drinking during that time. I had to take AD and benzo to cope with my health problem. After surgery I continued AD for sometimes and stopped just 1 month ago. Sadly, without AD I always used alcohol to calm me down. Slowly after AD and went back to my old bad habit. Then, when I realized it, I stopped alcohol. I try to just lives through my emotions by myself. But it’s hard at the first week. I was shaking and feeling nauseous. I take only benzo if I really have to.