Anxiety After Recovery

Many of us have sighs of this even before recovery but for most of us. Anxiety can devastate you during recovery. My anxiety was at an all time high about 2yrs after I became sober. The worst of my attacks actually put me under my bed fearing even leaving “what I thought” was the safety of my house. My brain kept telling me things were going to happen to me it really was like there was a voice in my head. I realized after my recovery that evertime I either tried to quit drinking or thought about it. Anxiety would set me off again at the time never really thinking it had anything to do with it. Staying drunk seemed the key to solving it. Little did I know it would be more of an issue when sobriety fully became apart of my life.

Research After Your Sober: This is the one of my major pastimes I’m always doing with my sobriety. Finding anything that can help me stay my path. This might not be something in the early stages of recovery when staying sober hard enough. But as your sober days go buy all time is definitely something you’ll need to full the empty space. We’re living in a world that finding knowledge is endless and me being not a gaming or hobby guy. I’m using the free time to find information that not only helpful to me. But also anyone I might pass it on to.

My anxiety ran my life after sobriety and choosing to solve this without meds “Not An Option” for me. Instead I researched symptoms causes vitamins or lack of. Anything that might help to maybe not stop but see what might trigger them. And how did all this change my life. I’m living my life not it living mine

Anxiety will sap your strength make you unstable really take you out if any social environment. It definitely did that to me. My symptoms: Eyes blurred heavy breathing to the point of gasping for air sweating like I just taken a shower. But worst of all my next day was ruined my body had felt like it was turned inside out. The hardest thing I found it was giving my sobriety a bad name. I was busting ass chalking up days but only to have them dampened but my anxiety.

Missing work was the worst everyone would think I’d been drinking again. Here I’m doing something good only to have my anxiety take it away which would always led to another attack just thinking about that. How can you defend yourself with a sickness not visible my drunkness was so much easier to explain. I Hated My Anxiety!!!

My recovery was solely in the hands of me fixing anxiety or I was going to drink. I had enough. Anxiety affects people bad meds bad and for those I feel so sorry for. Mine maybe even yours is mostly because of. The World Got Real! It did. My world is so real now I’m amazed how real it is. But you know what it’s the best feeling knowing everyday I face it sober.

Today I’m 1785days sober my anxiety if ever acts up I’m handling it so much better. Most of the time it’s just me that cause it and that’s all. Give your sobriety time your going to have anxiety it might be bad but learn your symptoms get to know your body get familiar with your food intake. Testing everything will help you and even might slow it down or totally rid you of it.

My life of anxiety tormented me but by taking every action necessary. I’ve learned to live a happy life from it. My sobriety is the most important thing to me nothing will ever change or get in the way of that. I’m always finding new ways to improve this life of mine and my sobriety was my best improvement by far.

7 Likes