Anxiety at all time high

Idk if this could be an effect of finally going sober, but it really seems like it. I never had the anxiety this bad. I feel nauseous and sick. And the chest pain is much worse than normal.

I am going to therapy, before you ask and I have other issues we’re working on rn

Update:
Just had a panic attack so bad I almost passed out. I will get help as soon as I can

8 Likes

Hey @Val_2024, anxiety ia part of the process. You just gotta let it run its course. At least thats what I do. I sit my ass down and let it pass. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes its quick. As your days go by it will get better. 5 years later and I still get anxiety attacks… palpitations and all. Dont give up!

Im actually awake because I’m anxious lol. :worried: listening to the bible while I’m here too.

4 Likes

There’s nothing quite like being woken up by crippling fear, but having no idea what the hell it is you’re afraid of. :rofl:

5 Likes

My anxiety was made worse the more I drank, and then tripled for the first few months after quitting. Side affect of PAWS. It should ease up a bit. But glad you’re already taking the right steps and going to therapy. :v:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear. When I first got sober, my anxiety and panic did ramp up, but it settled down after awhile. It is a physical change for your body mind.

This often helps me when I need to focus and center and am in a panic. :people_hugging: Hope you are doing okay. Breathe, you are safe.

giphy-1

7 Likes

Do you have a link for that gif or whatever it is @SassyRocks :heart:

1 Like

I keep it in a folder in my phone. But a google search will bring you to it, where you can save it. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://images.app.goo.gl/9HaCY28EruWyPYuy9