Anxiety is killing me

So i go to court Monday to get my restraining order against my (almost) ex husband situated. This will be the first time ive seen him since he attacked me the last time. Ive filed for divorce, pressed charges (felony asault family violence and assault with a deadly weapon), and am working on getting a protective order. He has several reasons to be pissed and vengeful. I’m having serious anxiety about panic about the whole situation. I’m just unloading bc i refuse to let him be the reason i slip up and relapse. Hes taken enough from me. He doesn’t get the power to influence my sobriety too.

14 Likes

Stay strong, sister. We’re all here with you. No one has the right to treat you like that. HE should feel disgusted about himself. Show him your strength.
:facepunch::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@littlemisschatterbox thanks so much. I dont really have anyone around that knows about this stuff. They are supportive and trying to be there for me. But no one has ever been through anything like this. My girls are my world and the reason i finally left and was able to get sober.

@anon79808082 thanks so much for the support. Idk what j would have done the past 6 weeks without TS. Its been not only life changing but quite possibly life saving for me.

2 Likes

Prayers and strength for you!

1 Like

You gave yourself the best advise ever!. Dont let him have that to. Way to think of you first. As you need to.

1 Like

You are one strong lady. We’ll all be with you spiritually when you go in that court room. He’s taken enough from you, don’t let him take anymore. Stay strong and know your TS family is with you. :heart: :muscle:

2 Likes

@Lisa07 @Brandos @Complicatedmama

Thank you all so much for the encouragement and support. Idk what i would do without my TS family lately.

3 Likes

We talked about this, and I’m gonna give you some perspective and anyone else who stumbles across this in the same situation.

It’s ok to be anxious, and feel emotions, that’s human nature,

But here’s, where that ends. If you back down, feel fearful, and scared he wins, the fear he instilled in you is for control. As long as you have it he has control.

I also gave you my best insight on the law that I could considering all my experience is in a different state, while PO’s are very similar,

Kay, look at those beautiful little ladies you have, if one of them was in this situation what would you want them to do? Be the example of the person they look up to and want to be like

1 Like

@Fury of course. see reply on why I quit drinking i said basically this exact thing. Im not backing down. And as i said hes taken enough from me. I just needed a little courage. Considering i used tk turn to liquid courage lol i thought id try a healthier approach.

1 Like