Anxious about loved ones

I have recently decided to stop drinking for a variety of reasons and my significant other was very supportive when I told him. Usually we go to our neighbors on a regular basis for game night. Everyone drinks and most usually get really drunk. I chose to not attend this time as I knew the temptation would be too much. My man asked if he could still go and I had no issue with that until he actual left. I spent the whole evening anxious about what he was doing and who was there. He has never done anything to make me not trust him. This was new for me and I am not sure how to deal with it. I was an anxious mess!

3 Likes

Totally get this feeling. Its a lil bit of everything, you prob feel a lil sad because you’re not included and wish he would of stayed home with you. Even tho you trust him your mind still plays tricks, but next time use it to you’re advantage to find your self again. It’s good to have time apart and could make the relationship stronger. Your feelings are valid and it’s good to acknowledge them accept them and then try to focus on yourself again, but don’t let those feeling keep pestering you.

2 Likes

When i first got clean and soba my partner was still In active addiction whenever he was at his I knew he would use and it used to really effect me … it wasn’t until I accepted it’s me who is powerless over drink and drugs that I stopped worrying about what he was up 2 … people places and things are what I had to avoid for my own self I cannot control anyone but me … it took along time to be comfortable with being in my own skin … maybe use this time to yourself to get connected in recovery read some of the big book from alcoholic anonymous or listen in to a zoom meeting… stay on here and get involved with some of the chats … your not missing anything exciting and your feel great waking up tomorrow hangover free!

1 Like