Anxious and undecided

Who cares if you get wasted, alone, a couple times a week? You do. That’s why you are trying to quit. You’ve known what real sobriety is, and you know what it’s like not to have it too. You know which life you want.

You made it 6 years before. You can do it again, and we can help you.

Welcome. I’m glad you found your way here and I hope you will stay.

4 Likes

All any of us really have is today. Large numbers of consecutive days are cool, but at the end of the day if you are an alcoholic and didn’t drink you are a winner!

Alcoholism doesn’t care if it’s day 3 or 3000. Alcoholism wants you to drink.

5 Likes

Even though I had to relearn what I had already learned.

It’s been really cool to reflect on my previous recovery as I grow in this one. There are many similarities.

It’s been helpful along the way.

3 Likes

I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is such a good point! I am blessed for ur input :grinning:
I do care and I really do want my life back.

4 Likes

I know the feels but you gotta have faith in yourself! I do I think l, seriously you got this!

1 Like

8 days today! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome! :muscle:

2 Likes

Awesome!!! You can do this. We all support, care for and are behind you through this.

2 Likes

:grinning:
Im very happy :slight_smile:

How are you doing today? You’re almost back to double digits, it was always the hardest part for me. The amazing news is it’ll be better soon and you’ll never have to go through it again. You had a lot of time so you know how much better a sober life is. Best wishes to you and I’m glad you’re here with us.

I drank… on friday:(
I really am trying. It’s very difficult. More difficult than I remember. Idk if I got it in me this tim :frowning:

4 Likes

Try not to be too hard on yourself. How did you feel after your 8 days?

1 Like

It’s a hell of a battle in the first couple weeks… I’ll never forget how hard it was. You did it before you can do it again! Be careful of the next drink there may be no coming back from it, addiction grabs a hold like a python.

3 Likes

I will try harder. I felt like it wasn’t going to be as hard as it was lol

1 Like

That’s one thing I learned. If I dwell on the relapse, then I might not get out of it and go on a binger. I’m over it, but, I do feel quiet dumb bc of why I decided to drink that day instead of doing something else

1 Like

Congrats on making it back. I reached a point where I didn’t know if I had any day 1 left in me, and I didn’t want to find out. We’re you working a program? Going to meetings? That didn’t stop me in the beginning but the seeds were planted and I wouldn’t be sober today had I not kept going back to meetings for support.

2 Likes

Have you ever picked up a drink and it worked out? I read a book called The Power Of Now and it helped me with the internal dialog that goes on in my head. I have to accept the fact that I cannot drink successfully ever. It’s as simple as that. Which is hard as hell sometimes. I just accumulated 3 years and it’s taken me from 2004 to get that amount of time because I kept thinking it would be different with a break somehow. That, somehow because I haven’t drank in for a little while that I would be able to drink normally (whatever that is). @JasonFisher said it perfectly. I have an allergy to alcohol. When I picked up a drink its never, ever, ever, ever worked out. Maybe the next time you crave play the scenario all the way through to when you feel like crap. You are not your mind. Hang in there and we are all glad you’re back. Find and use a support group.

2 Likes

Ur right! It has NEVER worked out for me. I’m going to beat this addiction!

6 days today! Almost back at double digits.

5 Likes