Any aussies in the house?

Hey Seb, lockdown city lol pretty crazy time to be a Victorian. Doesn’t stop the excavators digging accross my house everyday grrrrr :confounded:

Yeah good stuff I hope you’re doing great with it. Melbourne is truely awesome when the sun’s out and lockdown isn’t a thing.

1 Like

Perth is full of Scots :heartpulse: When I lived in England and said I was from Perth people looked confused thinking I meant Perth Scotland, I do not sound Scottish in anyway :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m okay. Actually planning on giving up the weed today. I’ve been doing it every day for about 10 months this time.

I haven’t looked into any zoom meetings. Where do you start?

1 Like

Thanks heaps will have a look

1 Like

I think drugs and abuse alcohol so I probably need both. Thanks for taking the time to refer me.

Not so well and to be honest only been 1 day without spirits but won’t lie still having a beer or two and can not say I am happy. I don’t think I’m an alcoholic but I really wish & want continue drinking now (spirits) and upset that I can’t and that’s the honest truth. I don’t know what is going to become of my situation like this.!

1 Like

Hey Becsta. Denial maybe but I do not see my self as an alcoholic well I would not want to see myself as one I mean. Also I can not remember saying I would like to quit for few months only but I do have an problem with drinking and I have to completely quit because I am always craving and asking for it. Thanks for the tips though. I’m drinking few beers a day as an substitute for the time being hopefully I will consider giving up on them also! I will check out the link also thank you and take care :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had been drinking 4-8 beers on weekdays and around a dozen on Saturdays and Sundays for the past 10 years. I never thought I had a problem and didn’t want to admit that I did. Due to a recent health scare it was put to me that I indeed had a reliance of alcohol and it was not helping with my health issue (perceived stomach ulcer) sometimes you had something/someone to help see sense

2 Likes

was in Sydney then Melbourne .and Adelaide stopped in Esperance Very hot.

1 Like

I’m in Barossa Valley, work in a winery and I’m 1148 days sober. Surrounded by temptation but I’m not giving in.

9 Likes

Hi all,
Gold Coast, Qld resident here :wave::slightly_smiling_face::palm_tree::sunny: about 408 (I think) days sober today. Weather was beautiful here today, it’s starting to warm up already! Looking forward to getting back to the beach.

4 Likes

Barossa Valley is beautiful!

1 Like

How yous going…? I live in Queensland :+1::palm_tree::deciduous_tree::sunrise_over_mountains::sunrise:

4 Likes

Hey good thanks Dee. How’s you’re journery? Heard the weather is decent up there atm

1 Like

So long. Can’t wait to get there good work.

I was in esperance in January for a round up, very hot but the amazing blue water helped. Only a 16 hour round trip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s lovely at the moment yeah. Rainforest meets the reef… I’m on day 39 and very grateful to go to sleep and wake up each day sober, off the durries and off the ganja. I’ve reset plenty of times but I remind myself constantly ‘an attitude of gratitude’ and it helps me so much…

5 Likes

Day 39 banging on into the 2 months. Good work bro. I am still smoking choof but using it as a tool to stay off everything else. I am a pretty big bonghead atm. I plan on getting off next few months. I’ve reset quite a few times and even deleted the app for a while.

I am spending a lot more time on here trying to really give the booze n heavy drugs the kick for good this time. And weed soon. Hehe . My master plan.

Stay strong Dee!

1 Like

Thanks @BPD… Stay focused on your plan mate :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes