Any other gaming addicts on here?

So I’ve been on this forum for about four months, but I have so far only met 1 other gaming addict, so I was wondering if there are any gaming addicts on here?

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of money. I think I’ve spent about €1500 on it, but on the other hand, I think that if I’d have had the resources, I’d probably have a similar amount as you.
When I was in rehab I learned that most addicts with a gaming addiction started with gaming, and once they got bored off gaming they’d eventually switch to substance abuse. Was it the same for you?

1 Like

And do you also not watch YouTube/twitch?

Oof MMORPG’s are fatal to us addicts. To me it came to the point that I started to feel like it was real life. My mmorpg friends were hardest to say goodbye to, but I’m fucking happy I did

3 Likes

It’s really awesome that there’s an online community out here who doesn’t care about you because of your gamingskills, but because of who you are :smile:

1 Like

Hello. I’m here. :sweat_smile: Gaming, alkohol and drugs addict in recovery. Very addictive brain :joy:

1 Like

Hi! I was a competitive fps gamer (bf3,4 and R6). After my first time in a rehab center I couldn’t enjoy gaming anymore because it triggered me to smoke cannabis. In 2016 I was kicked from the clan because of my behaviour, after that my whole life crashed. I started to realise that I lost my IRL friends, my job and the substance abuse was getting more and more. A few months later I was rock bottom and went to a rehab center. Since the corona crisis i started playing games casual, not competitive, because I didn’t want to watch all the news. The news was all about intensive care capacity and the amount of infections and deaths. I pulled the HDMI cable out of my Mediabox and started playing on the PS4 again. I use and alarm clock to control my gaming hours, 1,5 hours max!

2 Likes