Any recovery related movies on netflix

Does anyone know of any documentaries or good movies on Netflix that are informative or inspiring for the bored addict? Thanks guys!

3 Likes

If you do a search for recovery or addiction, a bunch of related movies/documentaries come up. Less Than Zero was really good from what I remember! There not streaming but Requim for a Dream and Drugstore Cowboy were both good too, but not quite inspiring. Let us know what you find! :slight_smile:

I watched ā€œSmashedā€ on Netflix, it is a good indie film with some great acting. Depicts realistic situations and experiences people have when they are drinking. It is about an alcoholic couple and their relationships when the wife decides to quit and the husband doesnā€™t. Stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Aaron Paul, Megan Mulhally, Nick Offerman and Octavia Spencer.

5 Likes

I canā€™t find it. Are you sure thats the name

The full version is on you tube

I should have mentioned that I am outside the US, Netflix can have different content depending on the where you live. We actually donā€™t get as many shows as the US.

Here is a link to watch it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/A_ScQs6aQLU

Iā€™ve seen it and I definitely think itā€™s worth a watch!

3 Likes

Awesome movie that really hot home for me, when a man loves a woman. I think I had to purchase it from my amazon prime though, worth it!

ā€œFlakedā€ on Netflix

ā€œLoveā€ is good.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching Flaked and at first I didnā€™t like it at all but now that Iā€™m nearing the end of Season 2ā€¦wow. Iā€™m just feeling so much for these characters now. (though Cooler is by far my favouriteā€¦heā€™s just like a little kid)

2 Likes

I felt the same way, but stuck it out. Cooler is so goofy and refreshing!

I like 28 days with Sandra Bullock

2 Likes

I like that one too! Life of the partyā€¦til youā€™re not! Great movie

1 Like