Any suggestions to calm anxiety from caffeine?

I have realized one of the reasons drinking after work calms me down is I drink way too much iced tea during my work time and now my body is buzzing. I work remotely, so home and work are connected. This is going to be a rough night, but I haven’t given up.

2 Likes

L theanine… I don’t know if you have a health food store nearby?

2 Likes

Actually I don’t know where you are but it looks like they might carry it at some drug stores too… It’s a herbal supplement that’s naturally found in green tea which is why you don’t get caffeine jitters when you drink green tea. If you can’t get that or don’t want to take natural supplements I guess just drink lots of extra water and try to eat something to counteract the caffeine.

Thank you Miranda, I will look that up. I couldn’t drive right now, I’m too shaky, but this is a caffeine buzz. I did get a bunch of caffeine free teas delivered today, I need to learn when to switch over during the work day.

2 Likes

…or a meditation to calm the mind and body? I do a lot of meditations from YouTube to calm the anxiety I’m sure they have some for caffeine jitters too :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh sorry I kept replying to myself but I’m sure you got all the messages :rofl::rofl:

I got them, lol. I haven’t really figured out how to maneuver around this app yet very well. I was originally always kicking myself to the home page, but realized the arrow on the right side take me back one page :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I typically stop drinking caffeine after 2pm, seems to help. I normally drink lots of water, but treat myself to a lemonade, or caffeine free soda pop in the evening. It works for me so far. It will take bit for your body to adjust, it’s healing give it time.I hope you find what works for you.

I love that stuff! There is a carbonated water with that in it called limitless relax (comes in three different flavors at Sam’s Club). The best flavor is lavender chill and I am obsessed with it right now.

2 Likes

What? Really? I will have to look for this!!! Wonder if they have it where I am? So excited to look for it.

1 Like

They have two other flavors too but I think my tastebuds are off bc I swear the orange one tastes like the buttered popcorn Jelly Belly jellybeans (yuck).

tenor_gif7181040755942311264_78472068637199
(@Caite1025 ,In response to the butter popcorn jelly belly flavor!)
I’ll stick to the lavender chill if I can find it:)

Yeah, it def took me for a surprise! But, other people that have tried it said it did not taste like it but I swear, to me, all I could taste was those horrible Jelly Bellies!

1 Like

Food. I frequently get preoccupied with whatever I’m working on and forget to eat while drinking coffee and wonder why my anxiety is going off. food brings me back to reality.

2 Likes

Brisk walk or if your up for it a slow jog. I drink Bang energy because coffee doesnt do it for me but I know the place you describe- difficult and can be triggering. Also, A couple of things one is that I noticed if I’m not working more of a program that I will have way more anxiety from the energy drinks, and when working it to the best of my ability its all pretty much ok-and I’ve actually just done jumping jacks when that’s all I could do with the time just did jumping jacks and I literally did about 100 of them that calmed me down as well I wish you all the best we’re here for you.

1 Like

I took your advise on quitting caffeine after 2pm. The day I wrote this post, I relapsed that night, hadn’t made 1 day yet. As of today, I’m on day 2.

1 Like

Congratulations on Day 2. Being an alcoholic is the hardest thing ever and a true daily struggle. I have re-visited day 1 so many times I have lost count. I hope you find what works for you. I’ll be keeping you in my positive thoughts. May sober day 3, 4 5 and more come your way.

2 Likes