Any type of recovery

Look I see people in the meetings turning there noses up if I mention in a share about the forum only I don’t say that but everyone knows I use the internet too and I won’t let people give off about it because I have a lot to be grateful for that this place has taught me

4 Likes

I tend to agree… i think the main thing required for sobriety is an open mind. If you go into sobriety with a closed mind you’re gonna most likely fail. Just because something doesn’t appeal to you today doesn’t mean it won’t in a year. There is no 1 direct path from what I can tell. I don’t have alot of sobriety time under my belt, I’m still in the early days just doing what it takes to stay sober for today.

6 Likes

IMHO, we have good guidelines on the forum. The problem is, that users don’t read them or choose to ignore them.

I do agree, that badmouthing a tradition of a recovery is not beneficial to anyone. That shows immaturity of character.

flag, mute, ignore

4 Likes

I get the eye roll :sweat_smile::joy:
This where I got sober, and I’ll never forget that :+1::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I mention on this site to help people at meetings ,i dont get any body turning up their noses they are glad im trying to help other people who still suffer ,maybe your meetings are different from mine

There’s people at my meetings that think that I should only be doing AA work not mixing it with other ways of recovery

I have this happen from time to time with my small home group. It’s a generational thing. When they got sober, AA was the only thing available. I just don’t bring up my other community supports anymore and it’s all good. Take what you want and leave the rest.

1 Like

F–ck them you do what keeps you sober and if they give you lip tell them a old timer from Scotland will kick their ass, remember going to meetings dosnt mean they arent still sick so my advice just smile and ignore wish you well

9 Likes