Anyone cooking today?

I love to cook and it’s a great distraction for me as well. Anyone else cooking today? If so, what is it? I am making turkey and spinach lasagna. I might make some snickerdoodles too.

5 Likes

I made snickerdoodles yesterday and am making pizza lasagna today!

1 Like

I am making rice with beef stew. Not sure how I came up with that combo. Tomorrow will be tortellini with white sauce.

2 Likes

LOL! What a coincidence!

1 Like

Pizza lasagna sounds great! I never thought of that.

1 Like

Hmmmm! I love beef stew!

…from the can since I am living alone 8 hours away from the wife and kids (new job). Think I’ve reverted to the “college meal plan”. At least we are still sober. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

when the pantry runs low, creativity runs high:)

today i had meatloaf with mashed potatoes and pumpkin :heart:

1 Like

Random fact: Canned pumpkin (for pies) is actually squash. Somehow pumpkin is a distant cousin of squash…

1 Like

I made no bake chocolate oat bars…now I need to stop eating them…

Heat in saucepan on med high heat until well smooth…

3/4 c honey (I used about 1/2 c)
2/3 c peanut butter
1/2 c coconut oil

Stir in…

3 cups quick cooking oats
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt

Mix until everything is fully incorporated and coated. Transfer to brownie pan and place in freezer for at least 15 minutes. Remove, let stand a bit and cut out squares (way easier once it defrosts a bit) keep squares in airtight container in either fridge or freezer. Yum!!!

3 Likes

I’m moving soon (hopefully) so I’m not allowed to food shop until my cupboards are clear! So, weird times ahead, with weird food combos… Tonight i had courgette, bean and sweet potato bake layered with soya cheese… It was weird but nice… :)…

I’ve had a lovely day baking with my 3 year old son. He helped make and shape scones and even helped tidy.
Then I’ve made a delicious spaghetti sauce cooked the usual way with red onion Olive oil Tinned Tomatoes and bay leaf. Can’t beat the classics!
Spending lots of time in the kitchen lately…

3 Likes

@SassyRocks,we used to put shredded coconut in what we called no bake cookies. Have you tried that? I’m lazy now buy them at the store, package doesn’t last long.

1 Like

Funny you mentioned that @NewFuture, as I was putting away my ingredients, I saw my container of coconut and I thought, damn, I should have put some in. :sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

1 Like

My mom’s way when I was a kid,back when we still made homemade peanut brittle,not everything came from the store.

I made chicken bbq and corn on the cob and pasta salad. The salad had all homegrown veggies from our garden.that was cool.

2 Likes

What is courgette??

Zucchini? I think thats an american term… :blush:

2 Likes