Anyone else avoid weird things now?

Not that the thing itself is weird, but it’s kind of weird that I’m avoiding it. I avoid my bed and bedroom. I spent too many days in my room recovering from dumb decisions that I don’t want to go in there anymore lol. Anyone else in early sobriety do the same?

4 Likes

I did everything I could to avoid my home as much as possible the first mo th sober. Its where I did all my drinking and recovering lol I get it.

3 Likes

I used to drink secretly in the basement where our entertainment room is and pass out on the couch in front of the tv. I’d sleep there and crawl into bed (maybe) before my husband woke up for work in the morning. When I first got sober I avoided that area big time and was so glad to go to bed with my husband at a regular time each night.

I get it! You can shift your relationship with spaces over time with intention. Give it time and give yourself some grace.

6 Likes

I only drank at home so I can echo this. It was hard but I got out of the house and socialized as much as I could. The pandemic was a nightmare.

2 Likes

reminds me of when I was a kid and used to run away from home, when the police found me and took me home I used to sleep on the floor or even the stairs. Anyway as far as alcohol is concerned I used to sit up all night playing poker but now I can’t think of anything more boring.

3 Likes