Anyone else struggling tonight?

Day 4 here. Feeling those midday blues, losing motivation. Telling myself that I’m only on day 4, who cares if I start over.
But then I knew I needed to get out of that mindset, so I came to this app. And I feel better.
Something that I’ve been telling myself a lot the last few days is “a whole day sober is better than a few hours of drinking”.

17 Likes

Stay at it! The first week or so this app was very helpful for me. 4 days is a huge accomplishment, nice job👊🏻

3 Likes

Drinking would be fun for like an hour and then its days (if not more) of regret. Or sometimes worse. It just is not worth it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not worth the hangover either! :heart:

5 Likes

What has helped me in situations like that is playing the tape trough: how do I feel tomorrow?
I would feel bad, guilty, angry, regrets, etc and would have to reset my daycounter…
And last but not least: I have to do all those difficult first days all over again :expressionless:

7 Likes

And who knows if I could quit again…

4 Likes

Exactly! :expressionless:

2 Likes

Good job checking in Sarra.
There’s always someone around. That first week is definitely the hardest. We got your back this weekend. Use us. You’re worth it. And it’s going to be so worth it.

By the way.
I care if you start over.
:pray:t2::heart:
Let’s get another one tomorrow.

10 Likes

I was clean for 6 months living in a recovery house . The past 3 weeks I started using again and now it is getting more often . I want to tell someone but I don’t want to get kicked out . Can someone please give me some advice ???

2 Likes

Congrats on day 4. Like people said the first week or so was absolutely the worst. After the first couple days of just being really sick, I then felt like I had to just constantly be doing something. I was off work for a week so I painted almost every room in the house, stained the deck, walking the dogs like every half hour. Lol. I’m only on day 45 but the last couple weeks it’s been easier to just take life more normally and be able to relax a little bit. It’ll get easier, just hang in there.

2 Likes

“I stay sober because I don’t think I’ve got another recovery left in me”. . That advice is spot on.

1 Like

try a meeting might help you wish you well

2 Likes

I think you need to do the hard thing and face it. Tell someone. You’re doing yourself a disservice by not. You need help to stop, and eventually you’re going to just get caught and they’ll find out that way. You don’t want it to be like that. I’m sorry you’re going through this again. Find that strength that got you to that halfway house to begin with. I’ve had family that’s been there, my niece is in a sober living house with her newborn.

2 Likes

Stick at it! X

I would tell someone, your goal is to quit and you need help with it.

1 Like

I don’t drink enough to where I had withdrawals, mine was just such a mental block. My mother is an addict and so I know addiction is in my personality. I’m very proud to be on day 5.

1 Like

Indeed i have a tough night, cried for the past six hours while cleaning but i can say for sure, waking up in the morning for work without a hangover its worth it, stay at it! :innocent:

1 Like