Where abouts?? :relaxed:

Just South of York

I went to Uni and lived in Sheffield for years though

You? :blush:

1 Like

Yeah Day 1 again for me
Iā€™m in Northumberlandā€¦lovely people and great support

4 Likes

West Yorkshire :relaxed: Near Wakefield!

3 Likes

Iā€™m UKā€¦ how ya doing. Iā€™m at a week atmā€¦ not an alcoholic or reliant on any other substance but what I do have is a very addictive personality. The, ā€œonce you pop canā€™t stopā€ kinda thing.
I figured just take away the cause and then there I no problem right? Meaning, Iā€™m done with drink, itā€™s always the gateway to many bad decisions.
Anyhow. Nice to meet ya. I wish you well, keep head high and smash what ever it is you want to achieve. :facepunch:

3 Likes

My neck of the woodsā€¦ not quite in the peaks but close. :raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m in Liverpoolā€¦day 6 today ā€¦just worked out how to access forums so would welcome any buddies to help me moving forward ā€¦First time I have not drank for this long in over 5 years I think ā€¦last 2 years have been daily so body pretty buggered up ā€¦but good to meet everyone

7 Likes

Well done m8. Keep it up. :facepunch:

2 Likes

Itā€™s lovely to meet you. Well done on deciding that enough is enough, thatā€™s a big step! Look forward to seeing you around :relaxed:

5 Likes

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck itā€™s probably a duck.

Iā€™ve never met anyone join a sober community by accident.
Well done on your days :+1:

2 Likes

UK lancs here. Day 5AF after many tries and relapses but keeping going. Might try a smart meeting tonight online never tried them before. I need some new techniques. Does anyone know of any live chat forums to just jump into to keep on track during worst hours? My first post here too. Not bad after years of being on this forum saying nothing. Trying different approaches. The silent im not really here approach clearly doesnā€™t help me. Very inspired by everyone here.

4 Likes

:rofl::raising_hand_man:
Indenial you meanā€¦ maybe.

Cheers bud.

I like your analogy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Ey up Jess, Iā€™m from West Yorkshire originally, live in South Yorks now, Iā€™m on day 7. Not been a hard week to be honest as Iā€™ve been distracted by having covid! Nice to meet you all!

5 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m In Hertfordshire :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Good to see this many people here from the U.K. :uk:

Especially Yorkshire šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

5 Likes

Where from buddy? Iā€™m near Stockport

Shaky Wakey

I used to go to the Kube night club

Also Ponte Carlo on nights out :rofl:

3 Likes

Aup mate. Iā€™m a little south of you. Iā€™m in Derby.

2 Likes