Anyone kayak?

The kids and I have been spending the summer, socially distancing others, by hitting the water. We will raft or kayak on local rivers and sometimes I’ll fish, if alone. We also have a couple of S.U.Ps to play with on the lakes.
Tomorrow I’m going on an 8 hour round trip drive to pick up a new kayak and a rack for my trailer.
Anyone else like being on the water under your own power?

7 Likes

we love to kayak…go to wicki wachi florida…so fun…last trip was 11 miles of paddling…

3 Likes

I Love to kayak. Its So peaceful.

1 Like

Me too…I go out by myself alot…sometimes I paddle for hours around the canals…lol

A few years back we kayakd with manatees. That was a ton of fun.

3 Likes

Today went out on paddle board and canoe. Very fun!

4 Likes

I am going kayaking next week for the first time in my own country, can’t wait :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Where were you when you did?
A few years ago I did too; I had pulled into a little cove from the water I was in (Estero bay) and there was about a dozen manatees around my kayak! It freaked me out for a minute…:astonished:

We were in the Panhandle between PCB and Tallahassee. Can’t recall the river.

1 Like

They’re really awesome to see up close, aren’t they? There’s a marina in Captiva they hang out at, the end of the day. :blush::heart:
One other time I was snorkeling at Cayo Costa with a friend and he was right over a huge one; he reached down and touched it. It was his birthday so I said I had planned that for him, lol

1 Like

We kayaked with the manatees over in Homosassaa Springs. My husband loves kayaking in the State Parks here and in the intracoastal.

1 Like

I bet it’s awesome there…!

1 Like

It is!! We also took a friend to see them at Blue Springs SP.

3 Likes

My kids won’t let me go out by myself because of the alligators. And when I was drinking I always found myself in some kind of trouble. So I get it

1 Like

How long have u been sober.

My first time was on the Dulce River in Guatemala last year, 3 hours downstream and the same back to my accommodation, no guide, was kinda thrown in at the deep end :smile: It was an amazing experience, there was so much to take in

. I loved the serenity and flow of the water and wildlife.

3 Likes