Anyone new here?

Drew, if you’re curious about AA I highly recommend checking out Russell Brand’s podcast on recovery and the 12 steps on YouTube. It’s an eye opener for real. If you watch it 1:13 minutes long, let me know what u think.

4 Likes

Newbie here myself. This place is awesome. I’m on day 4. I check in a few times a day. Everyone is very kind. Good luck to you. :yellow_heart:

13 Likes

Big fat warm welcome from me Drew and Fallon :blush: im almost 6 months but feels like it could have been 3 years the amount of growing and soul searching ive done sheeeesh lol anyways this is a great site filled with amazing people…i wouldnt be sober without it…so im here to help you guys in any way i can…throwing some love your way :heart:

2 Likes

Glad you are here and keep checking in, friend!

1 Like

And big warm welcome to you also GenG :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thank you @Starlight14 and @LeeHawk :blush::purple_heart:
And thanks @EricH :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 2 days. Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Welcome to TS. Congratulations on your sobriety.

2 Likes

Welcome! You found a great place to help you on your way.

2 Likes

@GenG hello and welcome to you , good luck on your journey . I am in the same boat as you, at the start.
:slight_smile: I have faith in you!

1 Like

Hey @Drew95, Welcome!! I am definitely not new (here or IRL). :wink:

FYI, to you and @Suns6793 …when you are new, the ‘system’ has you ‘earn’ ‘trust’ and how we do that is by interacting on the forum…likes, reading different threads, commenting, starting topics, etc. As we gain trust with the system, we earn stuff…like additional likes and the ability to send or receive PMs, upload photos, and such. In this way, the system identifies those who are actively utilizing and interacting with the forum and members. And you also meet other members and what may or may not have helped them in their journey…plus loads of other info!!!

Hope that explains a wee bit how it works, system wise. In real life…this place helped me get and stay sober…not all by itself, but as a very important tool in my sober toolbox. :purple_heart:

And we all started on day 1. :heavy_check_mark:

4 Likes

Thank you, @Drew95! I’ve got faith in you, too! :fist::blush:

1 Like

Belated thank you to you lovely, @LeeHawk :purple_heart:

Hey thank you @H123

3 years sounds amazing… just thinking of how much more money I’d have and less brain fog / side effects / cravings.

3 Likes

New here… again. Day 1 AF, again. Good to meet you, thank you for being here!

6 Likes

@KatieO A relapse or day one just means a start to a new journey, a new experience, and learning yourself better in recovery !! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Drew95 for the words of encouragement. It will happen this time!!

4 Likes

Sane here. I went to meeting thought i was doing really well got home my husband has decided to move out it’s hard. You are not alone xs

Stay strong you got this. You came to the right app for support. I’m coming up on 9 months sober and the people here have been amazing. We’re here for you :heart::hugs:

5 Likes

New here but 71 days sober ! Glad I chose to follow through with a program this time around & it’s the greatest decision I’ve made.

10 Likes