Anyone new here?

I’m new to this app, I was doing good without drinking alcohol for a while and had a few relapses that happened, especially some recently this week, my last one was so bad two days ago I passed out on public transportation during rush hour… I decided to just go back to being sober starting yesterday. I attended AA meetings but I wanted to look more into an app to help me stay more busy and occupied. I live alone and I spend a lot of time alone so I’m trying to get away from these cravings or overthinking into a relapse.
Best of luck everyone.

41 Likes

Welcome! This place saved my life.

7 Likes

Welcome! This forum has been awesome for me. This place and aa are the reason i have 9+ months of sobriety for the first time in my adult life. Read around and join in!

7 Likes

ANYONE NEW HERE?.. or… ANYONE HERE BEEN SOBER FOR YEARS BC I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE AND NEED YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SUPPORT?

It’s worth a try. :wink:

Hello and welcome, I wish you well on your journey.

10 Likes

Hahaha good response I like that one a lot .

6 Likes

We are here for you Drew. The people on this app can be a life saver. There are so many different points of view. Folks of all ages and sober time earned.

5 Likes

Hello everyone. I just started this app yesterday. I hope to gain some good friendships. This is my 4th time starting over. I refuse to give up. I used to have 3 1/2 years clean at one time. I will gain that back plus more. Good luck to everyone. We can do this.

18 Likes

Things I know that work - if AA is the route your taking and you got too much time on your hands to sit and feel sorry for yourself and inevitably end up just thinking about drinking then get a sponsor ASAP and start working the 12 steps. Also you’ve read 10 minutes of posts in 2 days, I lived on here nearly 24 /7 trying to help others ( trying???) but whilst doing this it keeps us out of our own head.
Trust me the last place we want to be left alone is in our own heads bc Your best thinking only ever got you drunk.
Even the person with 1 day can help the one with 1 hour.

7 Likes

Welcome! I also remember feeling faint, sick, etc on public transport. So glad those days are behind me. There are people around from all time zones, do hop on if you feel lonely! :blush:

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that I have 1 month and 16 days clean.

6 Likes

I know nothing about what a sponsor is I’m gonna be honest. Im completely new to AA ( I only checked it out twice ) I might go to the meeting up the street from me tomorrow evening. I used to attend therapy and did a detox center for two days the first time I ever went sober (half a year) before I hit my first serious relapse back in 2021.

2 Likes

Glad you are here, Drew and Fallon. No need to dig any deeper. Fallon, I’m newer to sobriety at just 23 months and I’m still scared to relapse to this day. I’m so glad you joined. We need your wisdom. Drew, so glad you started AA. You get out of recovery what you put in, and AA has helped me a lot.

1 Like

23 months ?! Wow that sounds so long to me here I am barely at two days after multiple relapses.

Other then AA what has been some of your strongest coping mechanisms?

Welcome. I am also in the worst situation and feel hopeless

2 Likes

Drew, it really is amazing how this recovery deal works. It’s just an ongoing journey that gets better. I no longer crave alcohol, but I do crave spiritual connections.

AA was my biggest tool, TS community as well as The Luckiest Club online community. Lots of walking, finding some joy every day, honesty is key and an attitude of gratitude that now is just the way I am.

Glad you’re here.

4 Likes

LeeHawk thank you for your insight. You are a trooper / soldier at heart. God bless you.

1 Like

I’m new here. Thanks for posting. I’ve been struggling with alcohol too. I’m on day #2 alcohol free. Hit me up anytime.

I haven’t figured out how to PM yet. The site instructions say click on a persons avatar and you the mail :email: symbol but I do not see it in anyone’s avatar.

5 Likes

Welcome to TS :+1:
A Sponsor is someone (same sex) who has the kind of sobriety you want, has worked the steps and has solid sobriety time, usually 1 year+.
Your Sponsor will take you through the 12 steps and always be someone to turn to when the going gets tough or when it’s too easy.
This app is brilliant I only wish it had been around when I got sober in 2004, take a good look around, the search function is very good, but, if you can’t find something ask.
Stay strong and take it easy :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hey so I just click on the display picture and I see the ‘message’ icon / button so I just clicked that and attempted to message you. I use the notification bar to access my messages . I’m still learning the app today , so if you get my PM message me back if you’re up to support each other through more direct messages.

2 Likes

I’ve not got your PM yet, I don’t know how long it takes to come through.
I’d be happy to set you on the right track, but if your in the US bear in mind that NY is 5 hrs behind the UK and it gets worse the further West you go, Seattle being 8 hrs behind.

3 Likes