Anyone new here?

I totally understand where you’re coming from. I feel the same when the withdrawal and anxiety eases I feel like I can have “just the one” which soon turns into the bottle and then another and ending up back to square one. Well done for taking the first step. This group really does help. Just knowing you’re not the only one going through it is a big help to me x

@Sazlou , @Acost3828, @tifflynn07, @HollyG , @Moe31 , @Skyler, @Clairelilly82 .
Welcome to the family. Support each other, reach out and interact. Community support makes it much easier to stay sober. Glad yous all are here. :v:

5 Likes

You can do this girl. I started out the same way but now coming up on 9 months sober. A lot of great people here for support. You can reach out to me anytime. You got this :heart::hugs:

2 Likes

I’m new here. Day one for me. Finally had enough after feeling absolutely sick as a dog and having my sleep all over the place.

4 Likes

I’m new here :slightly_smiling_face: … I have 25 days sober. I started with “dry January”, but really I need to make it a life long thing. Glad to not be the only newbie. This kind of thing can be very intimidating.

3 Likes

Welcome to the TS family so good to have you here

1 Like

I’m new here. Day 41 sober. In the last 2 years, I did once a year a 30 days sober, but I always new that on day 31, I would drink again. This time is different, because I have no idea if I will ever drink again. I used to drink wine to numb my emotions, especially my anxiety. I would stay up late, alone, and drink. It was like I was finally free and in peace. I loved the feeling of freedom alcohol gave me. It was like I could finally be myself… I never tought I had a problematic relationship with alcohol, but now I see that if I continue on this path, I could lose myself to it and drown myself in wine. Even knowing that, a part of me is scared of never drinking alcohol again and getting that feeling. Am I crazy to miss it even though it’s toxic for me?

4 Likes

Exactly!! So glad I found this and very happy to have and give so much support!!! Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. No you’re not crazy for missing what it did for you at one point, but you’d be crazy to miss what it was doing to you. I know I dont. As for thinking about the future, just worry about today. Deal with that when it gets here. One minute at a time sometimes

1 Like

Welcome to the gang Aisling and @tifflynn07

I stopped buying the booze on Jan first as well. It was making my sicker than I even knew. Starting to feel better so far. This place has been so helpful, I check in everyday.

3 Likes

Welcome Tiffany and @Hiraeth to the forum! Glad to have u here!

3 Likes

Thank u for sharing :))

Welcome @Isabelle1 and you’re not crazy at all! It’s natural to miss something that had such a control over us!! So good that you’re here and recognising that if you continue it’s not going to be great for you! Try not to worry about the future or the past, be present for today and focus on that hun! You’ve made a fantastic start just by being here, having 41 days behind you and reaching out. Always here if you’d like to chat. You’ve got this One Day at a Time and if needed one minute at a time!! :100::v: